• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gas prices = whatever oil companies feel

How does this sound.

Gas prices down, way down, oh every one is predicting no floor.

Wow, I have so much money to spend on Christmas season = banner year = economy is strong = false security = I will buy that big gas guzzling, powerful and fast rig/car I have been wanting NOW.

Gas prices creep back up = oil companies huge profit margins.

We = sheep

• Like 4

That use to be my prime yard for datsun parts. 15 years ago the first 6 rows were mostly z and zx cars.. Where they have the BMW's behind the office use to be row after row of datsun trucks.. I Sure miss the good old days of going to the yard and being 99% sure that you were going to find what you were there for. Now I don't even bring my tool bag in the yard with me..

So true. I go online to Pick 'N Pull's site, and many times the cars listed are not there, or are at another yard.

The past five years or so I just scope the yard first before I bring any tools out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gas prices = whatever oil companies feel

How does this sound.

Gas prices down, way down, oh every one is predicting no floor.

Wow, I have so much money to spend on Christmas season = banner year = economy is strong = false security = I will buy that big gas guzzling, powerful and fast rig/car I have been wanting NOW.

Gas prices creep back up = oil companies huge profit margins.

We = sheep

Yeah, if your an idiot.

Theres not too many of those sheep on Ratsun.

Otherwise the standard law of supply and demand is what determines gas prices. and the current state or gas prices is a result of Saudi Arabia and OPEC not cutting production. The reason they are not cutting production is because if they do, they will have a smaller part of the pie. Its called protecting your market share.

Yeah, if your an idiot.

Theres not too many of those sheep on Ratsun.

Otherwise the standard law of supply and demand is what determines gas prices. and the current state or gas prices is a result of Saudi Arabia and OPEC not cutting production. The reason they are not cutting production is because if they do, they will have a smaller part of the pie. Its called protecting your market share.

Sorry, but I don't believe that...For 50 years I have watched fuel prices going up at the oppurtune time, as in right before heavy travel times and then magically lower right after the travel season...Always explained by the media as a rig fire, busted pipeline or some other perfectly timed catastrophe, that was suddenly fixed right at the end of the travel season. This has been true for all of my life, period.

Now the market has been glutted with low mpg vehicles that won't meet cafe guidelines and the coming vehicles, trucks n cars alike will be getting much better mpg.

If you don't beleive me go check the sales of those high power gas guzzling cars right now. The sales are spiking like crazy..as soon as the automotive industry has set themselves right Saudi Arabia will have magically straightened things out and the fuel prices will rise dramatically overnight.

Auto companies win due to cleaning out their inventory and oil companies win with a whole new influx of poor mpg vehicles.

I know you will argue with me...but just hold your peace for now, when yhe fuel prices suddenly rise go and check how the Auto companies did and especially which cars they sold. This will happen shortly, so the wait won't be to long.

I will be glad to admit you were right once this has happened and I am proved wrong.

• Like 1

Sorry but I am not done with my rant yet.

Supply and demand is a term that along with all of the other reasons that justify inflation are just reasoning's of the ones with money to increase the size of their wallet, all of this crap really took off in the late 70's when no one was satisfied with the status quo, they needed to live and look like the 1% never mind that it would also effect them by having to pay higher prices themselves. This became a viscous cycle suddenly the two bedroom house with one bath was not enough for everyone, no longer was that simple car going to do and yes I am going to eat, travel and live like the top 1% dammit. So yes for every person that owned a business to follow the Jones they had to increase their prices under the guise of inflation.

Look where all of the greed and need to be respected by peers has gotten us. Nothing but being lied to and forced to pay whatever Tom, Dick, Henry or Barbara wants to charge so that they may drive that Rolls Royce of a work truck that Chevy, Ram and Ford charge $50,000+ for.

Before anyone decides to call me an idiot, I am not the one to be called it.

You may now return to your regular scheduled programming.

• Like 2