Wrecking Yard Report

Alright southern ca. guys, ecology in adelanto ca. has a 1979 620 s-bed single cab w/L20 and a.c. unit still intact...... I took both doors(complete and straight!),center console w/shift boot and side marker lamps(rear). Gotta go back and get a driver side fender and some more accesories.......unless someone beats me to it! Also seen a 520 there semi complete!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys my spelling is horrible....There was a 521 truck there semi complete! I realy have to learn how to edit!

Just find your post, hit the Edit lower right. Edit your miss-tacks and hit Save just left of lower right.

• 2 months later...

I went to Portland Wrecking on N Columbia today.

There were three 620s, a '75, '76 & a '79. They have been picked on a little bit but I got a couple small things I needed. They were a little rusty and beat up, but the engines were still intact.

There was an '82 & '83 720 about the same condition. One had and L20 that was complete.

There was one hardbody that had a lot of nice stuff, cherry fender, doors and the engine was all there. The front suspension was gone... can you say discs for a 620?? Yes... just not mine!

They just jacked the entry fee to Two Bucks. Have to start taking a bigger tool box. :rolleyes::fu:

• 2 months later...
datrod, Yes the tailgate was still attached:D and still looked to be in pretty good condition:D. '74 620 was all there as well minus the dash gauges, and the paint and body was in good condition.

Well thanks for the tip. I went out there today. The light green 521 you speak of must have turned brown from the desert sun. I did pull the driver side door for a friend. But that truck was pretty rusty. The tail gate had a hole thru it.

Tuesday July 17

• 720 pickup, complete at Budget Auto Wrecking, Kent. It was in the monster "incoming" pile, so act fast. It looked like a nice truck, mildly hit in the front
  • 240SX with engines, various years: South End, Tukwila

So what kind of a "deal" can one typically get at a wrecking yard for a complete truck and do they provide you with a title? :mellow:

So what kind of a "deal" can one typically get at a wrecking yard for a complete truck and do they provide you with a title? :mellow:

"usually" they say once the car is in the yard, you can only buy it in parts. They refuse to sell it complete. If it is in the staging area, I've heard $500 is a flat rate for older cars complete. I have no idea if you get a real title or a bill of sale that allows you to have the title rebuilt at your own time and expense.

South End used to sell whole if you got the right person. I've bought ONE car from a wrecking yard, but minus engine/trans (trans was toast which is why it was in the yard). Rare that yards will sell whole anymore. And they aren't deals- $300-500 minimum.

You don't get a title. You get a bill of sale, which means you have to have it inspected by the State Patrol (here in WA) to get the VIN re-entered on the books. That alone costs a couple hundred, and the title will be branded Salvage.

• 3 weeks later...

Washington wreckers rarely sell whole vehicles. But I did see a place today in Kent, right next to Budget Auto Wrecking, that sells whole vehicles "by the ton" ($110/ton, which sounds reasonable).

23 Feb 2008: I stopped by:

* South End Auto Wrecking in Tukwila -- no Datsuns

* AAA Auto Wrecking in Kent -- no Datsuns.

UPDATE: They both now have policies of "no toolboxes" in the yard. I guess doofuses were not paying for small parts. But I got several taillight and headlight bulbs for cheap. I forgot to get some fuses (I need a couple...).

There are a bunch of yards on the Green river, it is a good place to go. Binford is now wrecking cars big-time (a few years ago they were just scrapping them), and there is an "import only" yard as well, but they don't seem to know what Datsuns are :-).

no tool boxes!!! wtf!!! they're too fuqing lazy to look into peoples boxes as they leave. how about a wheel barrel with a million tools laying in the bottom? most people in cars cant show up with a wheel barrel anyway. i cant imagine going back to my ride 15 times to transport tools

i'm just bitchin cause i have to have every tool in my box so i dont have to go back for something.... mostly complete standard and metric wrench and socket sets, pliers, hammer, screwdrivers, ect. i got caught needing a star bit and had to borrow one the other day. it seems no matter how many tools you bring your still missing something. i even carry a can of wd-40 in my box. a hacksaw too.

of coarse if you know what your going to get then you can just take the tools you need.

i suppose it could be worse. is it true that east coast yards dont even let you in the yard for insurance reasons????

i see some people at pull-a-part with no tool just bumming off everybody. thats the down side of carrying a bow, everybody starts bumming off you.

my dad always said there should be a vending machine up front with tools in it. they'd make a killing.

Hey everybody, I'll be junkyard shopping tomorrow morning in riverside and fontana,Ca. I am in need of some 620 doors so wish me some luck!!! I'll let everyone know if i see anything good!

i was in realto ecology today there is a green 620 datsun truck with front end damage the doors are in good shape it had a couple of stock wheels on it also address is 221 e santa ana ave realto ca 92316 hope this helps you out

i was in realto ecology today there is a green 620 datsun truck with front end damage the doors are in good shape it had a couple of stock wheels on it also address is 221 e santa ana ave realto ca 92316 hope this helps you out

WTF you doing at the J/Y on Saturday. You could have been workin on my wagon.:fu: