Wrecking Yard Report

theres a really nice 77? standard cab short bed at jalopy jungle here in nampa. its got an l20 with a w58 head on it. i didnt check to see if it was a 5 speed or not, but a pretty nice truck.

2010-04-24145758.jpg

and then i found this jewel...

2010-04-24150037.jpg

2010-04-24150110.jpg

2010-04-24150141.jpg

oh yeah, this ones for you datzen... a good pic of a tag from a 3.54 geared truck. the diffs still in it too...

2010-04-24150559.jpg

thats all for now...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't tell the actual year of that blue shortbed... it has cab pillar vents, which means '72-75 (unless someone grafted them on), the fender tags are '79 but someone probably just swapped fenders (or badges). Has a '75+ core support.

So, it's either a '75 or a mismash of sheet metal. But with drum brakes it's NOT a '78-79.

• 2 weeks later...

Stockton Pick-N-Pull

710.jpg

710-side.jpg

710inside.jpg

710inside2.jpg

someone for the love of all that is datsun tell me why this is in a junkyard its a 74 no damn smog seriously people need to be slapped non smog 710 are really really rare

edit: think outside the box 710 go snag the hatch its even the right color

Is that original paint?

It doesn't even have much rust........... I wish I had a empty barn and another barn full of cash

I would throw my KA in that green wagon just because it is more my color and it looks more ratsun........maybe don't even wash it and put the panasports on it....

Seriously someone go buy that thing........ it is funny that it is misssing the only trim piece I need...... ugh I want too many datsuns, and I still don't have a daily driver

someone for the love of all that is datsun tell me why this is in a junkyard its a 74 no damn smog seriously people need to be slapped non smog 710 are really really rare

edit: think outside the box 710 go snag the hatch its even the right color

Idiots, thats why.

And I know that jas-ifras is looking for the trim at the back hatch as well. Paging jas-ifras...

You mean, mirror?...none on the passenger side.

I think the passenger side mirror is on the seat, but the driver side was missing the glass.

It may not be a '74, they tend to mislabel the year badly.

I'm not going back too soon, its an hour drive each way for me.

Did you grab the rear bumper? looks clean.

Nah I drove all they way out there just to take pictures! Mas Puto! Hahaha :P

Yeah I grabbed the rear bumper, the front was thrashed. I called a few other Ratsuners while I was there if they wanted the doors, they were all straight...well most of them if not all. I took parts I wanted/needed but overall the car was pretty straight. I have no idea what's left of it now but when I got to it the engine bay was gutted as well as the interior. Still it was rare to see a 510 at the junk yard.

I also saw this while I was there...not as rare but still a Datsun.

DSCN7265.jpg

Is that QP 90% Bondo?

Need some parts for the 620, anyone seen one around OC, IE, Longbeach Junkyards?

Which ones have you gone too recently so I wont go to them.... I bet you be looking for datsuns. Tell us what you have seen and were not to go plz.

Well Pick Your Part on Beach.. and the one on Beach & Katella very rarely have Datsuns, but there was a 79 510 Wagon last week, a 260 and plenty of 300z.

Rice Auto in Santa Ana had a early 70s 510 but i haven't been there in about a month and they refresh every two weeks or so.