Wrecking Yard Report

There is a super duper clean 521 in the yard close were I live today.. I just got the chrome Datsun 1600 fender emblems but everything else is there... Bumper, hood, fenders, grill,... etc etc CLEAN!!!! In the L.A Area... P'm me for more details....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DatsuNoob

Dammit dreamer! you got my fender I need! same color and everything! I almost broke down and bought a pair of reproductions last night, but figured I'd see if there were any deals to be had on Memorial day weekend. Have you guys heard anything negative about the fit of the new replacement fenders?

I had an aftermarket driver's fender. It fit good, but not perfect.

The rear lower corner had to be twisted just slightly to bolt it on but it did clear the door when opening.

Then looking at it from the front, the fender rose a little higher than the hood... just 1/8 inch, not too much though.

Someone backed into me (someone I knew) so they offered to buy me a replacement fender and that is what I got. Since my truck was in primer I just primered it myself and put it on. If it was not someone I knew, I would have gone to a body shop but they probably would have used the same kind of part.

Guest DatsuNoob

I'm gonna hit PAP in Parkland tomorrow morning and see what I can come up with before shelling out the big bucks on something that doesn't fit quite as well.

Guest DatsuNoob

nevermind dude, today I was at P.A.P. in parkland. Saw a couple 620's there. The first one I came up to was a early blue 620. I thought the head was a peanut so I began pulling it, but quickly realized it was not, so I went on to another one, whcih was a gray one with shved fenders and doors. The doors looked pretty rusty on the insides but were cleanly shaven. The bed was done fairly well too with welded and smoothed tailgate and filled seams. There was a little more filler there than I would have liked to see, but @ $100 not a bad deal. I went up to the dr side fender with fingers crossed amd they were both good so I scooped 'em up at a decent price. Also saw the "Rags to Riches" 521 there too.

100_0518.jpg

100_0517.jpg

Now that I got some good fenders, I have no excuse not to get that new air dam put on, that I got from Steroid

• 4 weeks later...

Was at Sherwood U-Pull-It today: 1975 610 coupe L20B & 4 speed. Decent sheetmetal. Pretty complete minus steering wheel, grille, and carb. Couple of 620s - pretty picked over. 1985 turbo Z - semi picked over. 3 or 4 240sx. In the holding pen was 2 720s and a 1979 210 hatchback.

• 1 month later...

ok guys, this is a deal. i tried to find pictures at nissan of what i'm talking about but no luck as of yet.

the poor boys auto wrecking in yakima has a nissan optioned pre-runner style hard body. has the rear roll bars, bed side braces and spare tire mount in the bed. all bolts in. got an iffy quote of $75 for all three yesterday. this is a steal.

other things the truck has are nerf bars, vg30, 4wd and could possibly have a posi rear. these guys didn't come across as jerks. i just wished i had more time to get those parts yesterday.

Alright So. Cali. Guys, Was at the Pick A Part in Ontario Ca. this morning and Got me A Clean back Window, Accessory Tray, Grill Emblem, 2 sets of MudFlaps and some Back Side Marker Lamps:)!!

trucks692.jpg

Clear back window....Cant even tell its there:D.............

trucks694.jpg

It will all go here with the rest of extras:)...............

trucks693.jpg

Alright So. Cali. Guys, Was at the Pick A Part in Ontario Ca. this morning and Got me A Clean back Window, Accessory Tray, Grill Emblem, 2 sets of MudFlaps and some Back Side Marker Lamps:)!!

Hey Datsun Dreamer -

I was there yesterday, didn't get a chance to comment until today.

Did you get the parts off the one where the gasket kit "exploded" all over the interior. I swear, there was every gasket to do that truck twice. No motors, though. I'm looking for a coolant tube that goes across the front of the engine, in front of the timing chain viewing plate. I need it for reference (and likely purchase).

Great finds BTW. You can get lucky at that yard. I got the full black interior for my 610 from that yard (EVERYTHING, except seats), and calipers for my rear disc conversion, all for $113 out the door.

Zerow, I was actualy taking parts from both trucks:D. But I did notice all those Gaskets:eek:! Not much was left from either...so i literaly got what I could:)! Funny Though, The little black Button that goes on the plastic part of the Speedometer and Oil/Battery readings(this is why I went there in the first place) Well, I left it on the floor next to the Pea Green 620:lol:!!! So, Now I got to go back first thing in the morning to make sure no one steps on this little Black button:lol:! I need this to fill that little hole in the plastic:rolleyes:!

Motavated, I actualy bought that at AutoZone...Just to realize I didn't need it after all:rolleyes:. So It just sits there collecting dust!

Zerow, I was actualy taking parts from both trucks:D. But I did notice all those Gaskets:eek:! Not much was left from either...so i literaly got what I could:)! Funny Though, The little black Button that goes on the plastic part of the Speedometer and Oil/Battery readings(this is why I went there in the first place) Well, I left it on the floor next to the Pea Green 620:lol:!!! So, Now I got to go back first thing in the morning to make sure no one steps on this little Black button:lol:! I need this to fill that little hole in the plastic:rolleyes:!

Motavated, I actualy bought that at AutoZone...Just to realize I didn't need it after all:rolleyes:. So It just sits there collecting dust!

I was half tempted to go back today, just to see if I missed anything. It was an interesting day: 240Z with flat tops:mellow:, a couple of 280ZXs (one now minus the dizzy harness for my Electronic Dizzy upgrade:D) But I did take some things off of them. The trucks I perused, but saw that it was a refugee from Fel-Pro-land, I just looked and moved on. It did have a good looking gauge set, and a tailgate, if you were in need. I wanted to hit Pyrite yard, but did not get there (and I hate pulling tools up that hill:eek:)

I was at the local yard today here in Albany, OR. The trucks seem to be disappearing! Only 2 620's left. There were about 3 or 4 Z's. One that looked pretty fresh. Still had carbs I know that. Engine bay looked untouched. , lots of interior stuff there as well. Seats were already gone. Damn it! AC was still hooked up. The body in the front was pretty hammered. Great parts car to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Stockton Ca Pick and pull has 2 620 KC's in there (yes I was allowed back in there today:lol:) anyways I ended up with an unbroken glove box door :fu:and the gauge bezel but in both trucks somebody beat me to the jump seats:lol::lol:

This was at the pick n pull in Newark CA (Fremont). I saw when the forklift dropped it off and went to check it out. It was totally complete.

I called Mark (PacCoast) to see if he wanted any parts so after much floundering on AIM last night I got his and and Guy (don't know if he's on Ratsun) wish list.

So I pulled the fenders, the grille, the front valence, the rear KC windows, and the rear window gasket for them but had to leave some of the pulled parts there because they were a little too much for them.

I personally grabbed the center console and arm rest which were in really good shape.

That door bubble thing was cracked alongside the window and it only had it on one side, and the glove box was all torn up inside.

Still there as of 2pm today. :)

Lucky for you guys I carry my camera in my tool box at all times! :)

dscn3118sx3.jpg

dscn3119hd0.jpg

dscn3116cm7.jpg

dscn3120xq5.jpg

dscn3121fn5.jpg

dscn3123lk6.jpg

I saw this in the parking lot...the owner of it came up to the truck as I was pulling the last part of it and was bummed I had pulled the fenders because he needed one of them but he was happy when I came back to him and told him he could have them after Mark said to leave them.

dscn3124qc5.jpg

dscn3125tb6.jpg

Any chance I could talk you into grabbing the AC components for me. I would be more than happy to make it worth your while. At least the part of the dash with the AC controls and center vents. Pleeeease?

I would BUT I've been out to the yards the last two days and I need to spend some 'quality' time with the lady (and puppy). Sorry.