Anyone got an air cleaner they want to part with?

Bandit240

Im thinking maybe someone that has a weber on the their car might want to part with the stock air cleaner. Ive got a 1980 210 and removed all my emissions stuff, now ive got a funky looking air cleaner.

IMG_0103.jpg

Id like one that doesnt have the hose outlets that go to the exhaust manifold like mine does. Im looking to clean up the engine bay.

PM me with details.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your winter temp gets down near 35 degrees and you drive in it I would leave the pipe to exhaust air warmer to prevent carb icing. All Datsuns after mid 70s had it and likely long before that.

Edited by datzenmike

Im not talking about that part. Im talking about the part that injects air in the exhaust manifold from the air cleaner. It was the 2 pipes with the hoses on the right side of the airbox.

MOTOR11.jpg

I know about the hot air from the manifold. It rarely gets that cold here anyway, plus the pipe that went there is long gone.

well the car doesnt have an airpump. Its got some sort of passive system that has 2 pipes that run from the air cleaner to the #1 and #4 runner on the exhaust manifold. I removed the pipes and plugged the holes. As i was doing that i noticed that the manifold is cracked around the hole where the EGR pipe goes in.

You can see what im talking about with the pipes pretty well in this pic.

IMG_1315.jpg

You can see how the pipes hooked into the air cleaner a little better in this pic.

009.jpg

Ive removed all of that and plugged the manifold, but i will be in the market for a non emissions manifold OR a header to fit an A14 sometime soon.

Moisabamf, thank you. Please let me know if youve got one. I would like to have the engine bay a little cleaned up.

Yup, same as the 720s. The exhaust pressure pulses also have a small vacuum pulse just after it. The air filter has little one way valves that allow the pipes to suck in air which dumps into the exhaust manifold. It mixes with the exhaust and provides oxygen to the catalytic converter.