Charlie69's 66 520 Build

Charlie69

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Watno and Mike.  Gracie has made it through the parvo infection.  She is eating boiled boneless, skinless chicken breasts and rice.  She is a ball of energy.  She dropped about 10 pounds. 

It is great to have the ohnery Gracie back!  LOL

I am hoping that Shawn will be over on Sunday afternoon to adjust the fit of the antique sunvisor that I got for free.

DSC02610.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Wayno.  This visor is off an early 1950s car.  It is too wide across the top of the windshield and in my opinion it is too deep front to back for the little truck.  I will take pictures of the process of fitting it to the truck.

This as how we plan to trim it down to fit.

DSC02606_Noted.jpg

• Like 3

Kelmo, this was just to show how we plan on cutting it down.  The actual dimensions will be determined when we cut it.  It will probably be cut about a 1/3 to a 1/2 in depth.  Length only needs about 2" trimmed off.  The first thing will be to check the curve of the cab and the curve of the visor.  The curve is really close so we might not have to adjust the curve.

XXL just what I have documented on the roof build.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69921-shawns-521/

The 521 has suicide doors has been stretched 7", bed shortened, hood customized, the bed has the tailgate welded in and the gas tank door is one of the DATSUN letters in the tail gate.  Next time he comes over I will try to get a couple pictures of it.  The truck is bagged and has a Z24 5 speed in it.

• Like 2

XXL just what I have documented on the roof build.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69921-shawns-521/

The 521 has suicide doors has been stretched 7", bed shortened, hood customized, the bed has the tailgate welded in and the gas tank door is one of the DATSUN letters in the tail gate.  Next time he comes over I will try to get a couple pictures of it.  The truck is bagged and has a Z24 5 speed in it.

I've got a '68 C10 with chopped top, raked front glass (I raked it back so the window openings wouldn't look so long like a chop tends to do... bonus: didn't have to split the roof!), suicide doors, hand formed bed, etc. Was starting a hood project and headlight project on it a few years back, but can't really do the work any more.

I'd love to see more pics of the Datsun.

• Like 1