Autocross event schedule (subject to change)

69FJWagon

I just recieved the American autocross schedule and I am super exited to announce that our new event site is Alameda point naval base its very close to most of us in the San Francisco bay area, I would love to see some fellow datsun/Ratsun guys and girls come out and do some auto x this year

Here is the tentative schedule we have set at this time, please check in from time to time as dates can possibly change( http://www.americanauto-x.com ), this is the first year we will be having all our events in the Bay Area at this site, and we may add a date in late Feb., or add and change dates later in the year, if things go as planned AAS might have as many as 10 weekends scheduled, so check in from time to time. Rungroups will be posted in 30 days or so.

March 14-15

May 16-17

May 30-31

June 13-14

June 27-28

July 11-12

Aug 8-9

Aug 22-23

Oct 17-18

please come out and support your local grassroots motorsports :D

Clayton

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to some problems American Auto-X Series ran into with the city of Alameda the city has put a hold on the season... NOT completely but the season has been marked to tenetive after the first event (March 14th & 15th) THe following was taken from baautox.com and posted by the president of AAS...

3/5/09

OK, so we got approved for the March 14-15 events last night, however, we will still be on probation, sort of a test to see if the city counsel thinks it is in the best interest of the City. They'll be checking noise levels, speeds, crowd control and safety.

The event we had in Aug. of '08 was a feeler for the risk manager and assorted city agencies to see if they saw fit to present this activity to the city counsel, and they thought it was, now the counsel board members have their questions and want to come out and see what "Autocross" is and how it's run.

Porche Club's events are and have been OK, any other autocross activity will be tabled until the City of Alameda's April meeting, so the rest of the AAS season is tentative at this time.

Thanks for your patience.

Jesus

I hope we can get a few fellow Datsun / Car guys to come out and show their support for these type of grassroots motorsports events

THANKS for reading and your support

I hope to see a few of you folks there

Regards

Clayton

this sucks!!!! well at least it gives me more time to finish Lisa's car

taken from baautox.com

Hello Fellow Autox'ers

This message is to let you know that the events for March-14-15 have been postponed to March 28-29. We had some licensing and permitting issues that could not be resolved in time to have this event this weekend. It normally takes 3-5 weeks time and we only had 7 days to accomplish this feat, since being approved by the Alameda council.

We're sorry if this has caused any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at our future events at Alameda Point.

Thank you very much for being interested in competing with the American Auto-x Series.

Jesus Villarreal

Pres. American Auto-x Series

• 4 months later...

All right bay area datsun peeps this a confirmed event and I will be going on sunday the 26th and would love to see some other datsuns out there, Please come out and support the event. hope to see some of you there

Clayton

American Auto-X Series

7/12/2009

AAS has signed the contract and is confirmed at Great America in Santa Clara for July 25-26,2009.

This will be rds 5 and 6 of the 09 season, if all goes well, we will get one more weekend this year, possibly in Aug., and then hopefully we will be able to negotiate for more dates for 2010.

Directions to the site should be posted soon, but basically it's the south/west parking lot at the corner of Tasman and Centennial right next to the 49'er's training center in Santa Clara.

I am going to try to make it, too close to home.

Test drove a vet there a few years ago:cool:

Hope you can make it, if your gunna run its $40 bucks for 5 runs and we start at 9am there is a open course walk starting at 8am and again at lunch around noonish...

Clayton