New brake kit!!!

69FJWagon

Troy (510 parts outlet) has been working on uping the anty on a brake kit for the 510s, we had some spare time today and decided to try and work out some details using my wagon (16" panasports). my wagon already stops great but for those that want a little more here you go

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

12 1/8" rotor and wilwood 6 piston caliper may fit under a 15" wheel but still need to make some adjustment to the mounting brackets. it will also be offered with a 10.5" rotor to make it under a 15" wheel with no issues but we ran out of time tonight and were not able to trial fit it.

price is stiil TBD but I thouht I would get your guys opinion :D

Clayton

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look awesome. There is nothing a 510 will ever do, especially a street drive 510, that will require that much brake. With that said, I have had the 12.2" x 1.25" Wilwood rotors on the front of my last 510 - under 15" wheels. With same series calipers, only 4 pot. I did it because I wanted "more".

Nice looking stuff! Price will be good to know.

They look awesome. There is nothing a 510 will ever do, especially a street drive 510, that will require that much brake. With that said, I have had the 12.2" x 1.25" Wilwood rotors on the front of my last 510 - under 15" wheels. With same series calipers, only 4 pot. I did it because I wanted "more".

Nice looking stuff! Price will be good to know.

Slo- once we finish the R&D I will post a price should be less than TSRs (Marios kit is awesome just out of most price range) kit and just as good I will update when done and a price set.

Clayton

Slo- once we finish the R&D I will post a price should be less than TSRs (Marios kit is awesome just out of most price range) kit and just as good I will update when done and a price set.

Clayton

Let us know :D I like it.

Very nice. Do you take requests? Us 410/411 folks need a disc brake conversion kit that'll fit under 14's. GET HOT, BITCH! :D

He came up with a kit for the roadsters about 2 years ago using my old roadster but I dont know anyone with a 411 to use for mock up... but its not out of the question ,the only thing that would be a deciding factor would be supply and demand...how many kits would really get sold for the 411 as opposed to the 510 or Z so would it even be worth the time to do the R&D to build a kit to sell maybe 2 or 3 a year? I would say Troy sells about 1-3 kits a month for the 510s so well worth the time

Clayton

aaah ya. 1 kit a year for the 411 would be a lot. :)

If the price is good I could see him selling a lot of Z kits. If I get something like this I'll post pics on the Z forums. I've already seen a few people buy the TC rods from Techno Toy Tuning since I first asked them to make ones for the 280ZX. :D

Also, on these conversions, do different sizes of Wilwood calipers fit the same mounting bracket? I was thinking 4-pot would be more than enough of an upgrade on my car. 6-piston might be too much front brake even with a Z31 rear brake upgrade.

Yes, many of the bigger Wilwood calipers are on 3.5" mounting centers. The ones I had were. The 6 pot was a bolt on.

Clayton, what is different about this setup when compared to Arizona Z Cars setup? Looks same/similar specs.

its not out of the question ,the only thing that would be a deciding factor would be supply and demand...how many kits would really get sold for the 411 as opposed to the 510 or Z so would it even be worth the time to do the R&D to build a kit to sell maybe 2 or 3 a year? I would say Troy sells about 1-3 kits a month for the 510s so well worth the time.

This is the problem us 410/411 owners face on all parts...sigh...

Depending on price, might sell a dozen the first year, then maybe 1-3 a year after that. That might change if the 410/411 starts getting popular....:rolleyes:

Yes, many of the bigger Wilwood calipers are on 3.5" mounting centers. The ones I had were. The 6 pot was a bolt on.

Clayton, what is different about this setup when compared to Arizona Z Cars setup? Looks same/similar specs.

I dont know how similar the specs are but I would assume they would be close

I have looked at their kit along time ago and cant say what it comes with If all things work out Troys kit should be about $1000 (front only)bucks with all the Caliper, caliper adapters,rotors and hats, hardware, new MC and steelbraided brake lines.with that said I know Troy has fixed a couple of their kits in the past because they were not right

Clayton

• 5 weeks later...
He came up with a kit for the roadsters about 2 years ago using my old roadster but I dont know anyone with a 411 to use for mock up... but its not out of the question ,the only thing that would be a deciding factor would be supply and demand...how many kits would really get sold for the 411 as opposed to the 510 or Z so would it even be worth the time to do the R&D to build a kit to sell maybe 2 or 3 a year? I would say Troy sells about 1-3 kits a month for the 510s so well worth the time

Clayton

Maybe you should talk to Tana the Datsun Lady [Vindats1 on this forum] about making and stocking a limited number of 410 / 411 sets? She's in your general area and is a priceless source to the 410 411 owner community.