New here, 78' 280z - race project

Z_Rac3r

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam, a lady mechanic and she does her own work, thats great.

Welcome to Ratsun

is that a 67 or 68 Camero behind ur Z, it looks like a nice car also.

(Avatar) > and peace back at you

Edited by 420n620
peace of mind

Thanks guys :)

I have a Borg Warner t-5 to rebuild also, forgot to put that in the writeup.

I have an extra set of the stock wheels. 14x7 114.3 western wheels, just like the ones pictured on my car above.

I have an extra passenger side fender I'm looking to sell after I finish restoring it. I have it all sanded down to metal, I fixed one small dime sized dent in it, and on the lower corner its rusted through so I am patching that with sheet metal this weekend (gotta borrow the friends welder). And then I'll primer it and its all ready to go.

The car is striped, and I have most of the interior black panels in my garage still if anyone is looking for random ones.

This is a sweet little forum you guys have here, and i love the logo ;) you should get stickers for the cars, you'll have more people join that way.

Dam, a lady mechanic and she does her own work, thats great.

Welcome to Ratsun

is that a 67 or 68 Camero behind ur Z, it looks like a nice car also.

Thanks, Yeah its a 68, also set up for road race, its a friend of mines. Here is a few teaser pics. Love that car... *drool*

IMGP5089_medium.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Picture0033_medium.jpg

Just realized I dont have any pics of the interior really, the dash looks sweet.

Sorry for the huge pics, they are from my friends site, he sized them all huge.,

I have always like the early Camero's, came close to owning a couple but changed gears and got into the earlier goats (GTO's) because they were easier to find - back in the days.

thanks for the Camero pics..

Ratsun does have stickers, well Redeye does, heres the link

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4818

yeah mike, thats got to be rare today.....

and shes cute........

Edited by 420n620

Umm, well my first car was a non running 84 bronco II that I got for offroading and for a challenge. I didnt have my liscence yet ( i was 15) and needed something to keep me occupied. (lived in Alaska at the time) so I got that. Got it running, just about everything that could have gone bad on it did, and after replacing everything and THEN blowing a head gasket I gave up on it because I was moving down here to So Cal. When I got here I started looking for a daily driver, and at the time had never noticed the little Z cars before. (growing up I always loved american muscle cars, and any vintage cars for that matter. My parents weren't into them, siblings weren't, I just liked them)

I went to a car show in Lompoc CA, and a guy named Mark Belrose, has a 240z track ready and races with VARA (Vintage Auto Racing Association) and I fell in love with his car as soon as I saw it. I knew I had to own one.

So a month later I picked mine up, still as a daily driver, and was looking for a 67 mustang coupe for a race project. Well... the Z is 1k lbs lighter, more aerodynamic, just freaking gorgeous ;) and I loved the history of Datsun. So... thats how the story goes.

I am studying Mechanical Engineering, and taking a break next fall to get my degree/certificate in Aviation Mechanics. I just have a passion for this sorta thing.

a female datsun owner who does her own work ......i have one question......will you marry me?:lol::lol: on a serious note its great to see a female owner as far as i know the are only 3 on this site are thouse the wheels you mentioned in my wanted parts section? they look good your in cali with a 78 i feel your pain smog sucks but atleast yours has efi an electronic ignition i have a carb and points once i rebuild my 610 im gonna try and get a meet together you should come i would love to see the car in person and a preity face at the meets is always nice :D

Nice Camaro. I still kick myself for passing on an original '67 w/ inline 6 and PowerSlush.

There's another lady holding her own regarding auto smarts/skills: Liz Miles, currently Tech Editor at Popular Hot Rodding. Liz races a sweet Camaro, and has a KA 510 project (that's been neglected).

http://www.milesspeed.com

Hmmmm, you remind me of some actress on TV, but I can't remember who. Damn CRS!

Edited by ppeters914

sweet Z and way to keep her alive and going well!

I'm pretty new to ratsun as well, been mostly a lurker. But once my KA 510 hits the road soon I'll be aboard more often than not. My 280z is another story... 1 far too long to tell it's process of construction. Just click my cardomain in my sig if you wanna know.

Good to see more Z owners here in So Cal tho! woot woot! Now if I could only stop the "while I'm at it" process on my bad ass 280z.

Anyhow, *cheers* and I'm sure we'll cross paths in the Datsun world somewhere again.

My 280z is another story... 1 far too long to tell it's process of construction.

:D one worth telling

welcome to Ratsun :fu:

glad to see another Z owner here. Im originally from norcal so I cruse down into cali at least once a year to see friends and such and wind up anywhere from sac to san diego lol