Solex door locks in a 510

kiznook

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the trunk lock is fairly easy, but a little bit more involved. You have to use the arm off the stock lock and modify it to fit the solex. I don't remember exactly how I did it, but it wasn't all that difficult

cool. thanks kiz.

yeah I was looking at it and it seemed a little more involved than the door locks.

I bought a kit and just kinda looked at it and thought I might ask and see if there was any trick to make it easier.

• 2 months later...
Bryan, where did you get your kit from? Online, in a shop, someone you know? I'd like to get one myself but when I ask at a shop they just look at me like I'm an idiot...

hey man. I found them on ebay. they cost me $60 including priority shipping.

the seller's name is virtual_bob on ebay. do a search by seller and ask him if he has more locks

• 6 months later...

man i love these locks! i got the twin cam style, used my dremel on the metal, lol the bit turned into powder, need a carbide tip next time.... i solved my door closing issue, it would never fully engage (without butt bumping it closed), tore apart the whole damn door latch apart and all, wd40'd it, put it back together and worked like a dream.. soooooooooo glad i did this. and i second the screwdriver to the nametag ring thing, all it left was a bit of glue. looks much better.

• 3 weeks later...

here is a copy of my ad that I posted in the classified section...

Hey fellow Ratsun!

I got a hold of a small stock of SOLEX LOCKS. They're pretty hard to find. I have installed the barrel style on my dime, so I know these will fit our dimes and other datsuns.

Here is fellow ratsun member KIZNOOK's tutorial/walk-thru (very easy to follow)

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=917&highlight=solex+lock

So anyways, I don't have the barrel style ones, but I do have the "TWIN CAM SERIES". (see pics)

Great way to replace your busted lock and/or add a little extra security. I was told that the keys can't be copied...you'd have to take it specially to a locksmith with the proper tools.

$65 per set (that includes shipping)

Set includes 2 (left and right) locks, different links (for different cars), 3 keys and a keyholder.

SSPX0385.jpg

SSPX0387.jpg

Barrel style on my dime...

img1235249979747.jpg

let me know

-goki

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That l'il plastic clip seems to be a pretty standardized part, meaning that most of the relatively modern IMPORT CARS use the same style clip. There are larger ones that will not work on the early Datsuns. I have used Honda Civic/Accord & some NIssans, all in the junkyards, all around the 1990's models. They are just a pain in the ass to remove without breaking or damage! These later versions (~1990's) have an "extension arm" that snaps down over the rod to lock it in position, likely a Federally mandated change. Here's a pic of what I have now.

The yellow (Nissan #80532-Q0100) and the white (Nissan #80533-Q0100) are simply mirror images (right & left?) of each other, but on the early Datsuns, I don't think it matters which you use (you can always snip off the ext arm anyway). The other smaller clip I don't have a part # for, but I think it was a Civic/Accord part. Hope this helps!!

lockclips.jpg