"The Load Out'

Well yesterday Jason came over to the island to visit me in his goon! Sure was nice to talk and listen Datsun for a few hours.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Jason002Large2.jpg[/img]"]Jason002Large2.jpg

We've known each other for a few years now I guess, but have never met until to-day. Always nice to put a face to the name. Anyway Jason offered to help me clean out my shed and thin out the junk. I have to go easy on my back but we did get all this into the goon with room to spare:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Jason004Large.jpg[/img]"]Jason004Large.jpg

One bare Z22 block, one Z22 block with crank/rods in it, one L20B with crank and rods in it, one Z crank (front seat), one set of rods and pistons, Three sets of main bearing caps, L20B timing cover, Z20E EFI wiring/air meter/ sensors/throttle body/fuel rail and one 200sx powrer R&P.

Now I can start bringing more stuff home.:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Mike, you know how funny it is this internet thing is eh? You go for years, chatting, discussing, being friends on line and you never get to see who you are talking to. Best thing I've done in a long time going over to visit with you! I just wish I didn't have to run off to catch the ferry! That was great seeing all the projects you've been working on! Thanks for all of the bits from me and the guys, it'll put us farther up the slope for this year!

510er, 2 of the blocks where for other friends here on the mainland. They're both more ambitious than I. I'm building a LZ2.2, U67 head, stock, stock or stockish cam and a pair of 38mm SU's. I'm looking for the extra torque for city driving and the "scenic cruises" that we go on.

I'll bet the whole island tilted up an inch when you got on the ferry, Jason.:D I tend to grab anything that wanders by, like a trap door spider, and drag it into my nest/shed. Jason I should have had my flashlight you couldn't see half the stuff stacked in the shed plus the 2 transfer cases and 4X4 5spd, 280zx 5spd. L4N71B and 3N71B auto stored under the canoe. :lol: I've had that stuff for a year or two and can't use it but worse, I can't bare to see it go to waste. If I could, I'd save it all. Hey I still have a Z24 block! It'll be my 'seed' block to attract more stuff.

Once again Jason, thanks for taking and giving them a home.

No way Mike, my thanks to you! Heh, the "Spider's Lair" Mike :D? It was funny seeing that all that stuff in the back of the goon only dropped it down another inch or so :cool:. Those springs must be one heck of a lot beefier than stock. I'm sure glad that BC Ferries doesn't charge by weight! So all of the bits are with the new owners now, cripes that was heavy lifting those blocks out. I must be getting old eh :P?

Best part of looking at your bits is stuff like "so are the 3 Naps-Z heads the same" and lo you have all 3 to compare :eek:! I should start you looking under Subarus for the R160 LSD units now :lol:!

Hey Jeff, check it out L Motors Forever :fu: :lol:!

Gee Mike, I don't know, is that measureing straight across not following the arch? I know there's one more leaf in the pack than a stock 'goon pack so I really don't know what's back there other than it's more than the 200lb springs I have up front on my stock '69 struts :D!

Yah, Rheis picked his up this morning and helped me hump mine into the garage and I dropped everything off to Byron this afternoon. The 200sx crossmember that the rack came from, turns out that Byron wanted it for measurements too, don't let it get away, he may have to come for it when he goes over to pick up his brother's car from Lou!

From eyelet to eyelet along the arch. If it's even close to 47.25" then it is the same as the 520/521/620 and 720 trucks, even the 4X4. That's a lot of springs to choose from.

If/when I clean up all the parts Ill be sure to keep the 'nice rack'

2004.jpg

Man I wish I could have been there :( I love BS'n about datto's!! It's good to hear you guys had a good time :D

Mike you have a 4x4 L trans? The short one? Thats a "B" one right? It's the same length as the old 4 speeds right? My buddy had one and he swapped bells and put it on his KA a few years ago... What do you want for it? :D Possible future project :D

From eyelet to eyelet along the arch. If it's even close to 47.25" then it is the same as the 520/521/620 and 720 trucks, even the 4X4. That's a lot of springs to choose from.

If/when I clean up all the parts Ill be sure to keep the 'nice rack'

2004.jpg

Hey, what gives, I didn't get to look at that one :eek:!

Yah Jeff, it was fun. We talked so long I was still in Mike's back yard when the ferry I was supposed to take sailed :blink:! Us old guys just get gabby. Damn it was cold though, have to go over in the summer next time. Did I tell you that Mike lives right by the ocean?

Kim Cottrell is also from Courtenay. Yeah the island is slowly sinking about 1/2 cm a year. Geologists attribute it to a loss of silicone in the earth's crust.

Sorry jeff I don't have the shorty. It's from an '80 720 (L20B) and is a long. It doesn't have the speedo cog hole either. I pulled a Z22 5spd and it also was a long. So I've always assumed they were all long tails. At least around here. I've never seen one... heard of them, just never seen one.

Anyway the other week I tried to measure one in a newer 720 with a Z24 and looks like it might be short. It might be, but hard to tell because it's flat on the ground. I just compared the distance between the shifter and the transfer case shifter and a known long tail and they looked different. This trucks been there for years and I never checked it, just assumed it was long.

Edited by datzenmike