Window Channel Felt

imtb

I am needing some inner window channel felt for a 71 510. This is the stuff that holds the windown in place when you roll it down. My window is rattling around and would like to fix it.

Anybody have any ideas for where to locate or a good way to make one.

thanks,

mike

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, my window has been loose in my race truck for years cause i didnt know they still sold that stuff....any part #'s by chance, my local dealer looks at me funny when i mention a 71 datsun.....i will also check online when i get home....

thanks again, you made my 09

DLsocal had bad reviews...0 items for sale on ebay....

toointense sold for $65....

ebay was $89...not sure of seller..

nissan parts.cc sold rubber for $49...

i am thinking toointense at this point....thanks for all the info boyz....

Edited by Madmax
rewording

I know there's been a fuss about Mike @ DLSocal, but I ordered from him no longer than a few months ago. Product came in only a few days after ordering, and he called to let me know that some people mistake inner/outer hatch seals, but assured me that they were labled correctly and not to instal them backwards. He's a great guy, but he and the bluebird list didn't get along.

and he called to let me know that some people mistake inner/outer hatch seals, but assured me that they were labled correctly and not to instal them backwards.

your welcome! (i notified him ~4 years ago that they were mislabeled :lol: ) sent me the replacement for the side i cut too short.

after you meet him, then you can call him an ass :D

the aftermarket chanel felt is ALL the same part#, from 1 supplier, get it for the lowest price!

I called Nissan yesterday about the part number given: H0335-89931

Per the salesman it is still available but the price is $79. Not sure if different Nissan dealers have different prices but somewhere in this thread it says the Nissan price is in the $50 range.

Edited by ace0073
typo

Per the salesman it is still available but the price is $79. Not sure if different Nissan dealers have different prices but somewhere in this thread it says the Nissan price is in the $50 range.

http://www.nissanparts.cc has it for $60 shipped (if it is even in stock)

contact riley @ lynchburg nissan w/the part#

I ended up getting it from Rod datsuns. He just sold it for one door so it was a little cheaper.

I put it in and it turned out real nice. The rear vertical part I had to stop just below the top of the door. Couldnt figure it out how to get the old out with the window still in the door.

who is rod datsun and does he have contact or ordering info....

i put the glass back in one of my datsun this weekend temporarily and it was fun figuring out how it all went back together...lol...been a while since i messed with the door guts....

• 2 weeks later...
I just contacted Riley at Lynchburg and bought window channel felt at 48.75 for two doors. He also sold me inner squeeges at 11.00 ea. not bad. he was very nice and helpful. let you all know when the parts arrive and the fit.

so thats everything that is needed to seal up the windows? I kinda want to paint the doors and seal things up so I can add power locks and windows :o

for the most part. you should take a look at the outer squeegees and the door seals. if you want to add power locks and such I would for sure check the felt and squeegees inner and outer and change those at the time you take off the door panel. I know people also put sound deadening like dynamat inside the doors also if you wanna go that far

if anyone installs power windows, Please take pics and give feedback....i wonder how the universal cable kits compare to the direct drive kits....the direct drive kit i installed on a 66ford was sweet and smooth, but no one sells it for a datsun.....heard the cable kits are junk??????

if anyone installs power windows, Please take pics and give feedback....i wonder how the universal cable kits compare to the direct drive kits....

there are a few that have done it.

contact kelvin on the BBlist, he has em on his wagon. remote accuated too.