1200 Leaf Spring Bushings

Duncan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the plans for them, and I have a friend that is a very good machinist.

However, for the sedan (with the upcoming rear axle swap back to stock) I am going to pick out the best 4 large bushings and reuse them. I'm pretty sure it's the front eye that is the larger diameter, I just haven't looked lately.

While I would prefer new, I have 4 of them that are in decent shape, so they are going back in. The rest will be NOS rubber bushings from Nissan.

I don't want my sedan too deviate too much from stock. The Coupe is a whole other matter...I have de-arched springs for that one, and I may go polyurethane just for a comparo. Neither one is a daily driver.

I'm going to reorder the new bushes tomorrow. I have MLK day off :)

Guest jaimesix
Specifications to make your own -- from Datsun Competition manual -- are at datsun1200.com

Have you checked with Parbo? They list 1200 leaf spring bushing (poly)

http://wiki.datsun1200.com/index.php/Rear_Suspension

Thanks Ggz. I will check it out. Sounds interesting and very usefull . I have not gone by 1200Datsun for a while. I do not like the direction it has taken lately. It seems no more a Datsun place,a place to talk about A, L, J or any Datsun engines and modifications, but a swapping teenage madness that despises everything Datsun. Weird huh? Lets leave it there, I do not want to dig into it, just a thought.

Parbo....what is that mean?

I have seen the plans for them, and I have a friend that is a very good machinist.

However, for the sedan (with the upcoming rear axle swap back to stock) I am going to pick out the best 4 large bushings and reuse them. I'm pretty sure it's the front eye that is the larger diameter, I just haven't looked lately.

While I would prefer new, I have 4 of them that are in decent shape, so they are going back in. The rest will be NOS rubber bushings from Nissan.

I don't want my sedan too deviate too much from stock. The Coupe is a whole other matter...I have de-arched springs for that one, and I may go polyurethane just for a comparo. Neither one is a daily driver.

I'm going to reorder the new bushes tomorrow. I have MLK day off

Duncan, have you thought about going to a suspension shop, talking to knowledable folks experts on the subject matter or visiting different dealers ( Toyota, Subaru, etc ) and parts stores like NAPA with your bushings? I am sure there must be some brand of car that has identical bushings. It might end up being as close a match as a domestic car's.

New rubber bushings could be closer than you think.:)

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix