MegaSquirt into a ka 620

Icehouse

Naz finished building the megasquirt, thanks naz. I have to start installing it now. Since my truck is my daily driver I haven't figured out how to do that. I know what you are thinking... Where is your 510, well its outside my shop broken in the rain where it has been for the last 4 months. I can't bring it in until I move my 68. I can't move my 68 until I get the cab and bed on the 521. I can't get bed on the 521 until I get the bed on so I can line it up. I have to finish the rust repair before I can put the cab on..... Then I can fix my 510 so I can drive it while I put the megasquirt in my 620.... fewwww Well I could drive my 1200 while I put the megasquirt in my 620 but then I would be back down to one running and driving car. So I have been working really hard on the 521, the rust is killing me though. I hate fixing rust. I was thinking maybe I could spend a day and get the 68 out and my 4 door in but it has been non stop rain and the 68 has a bare metal so I don't want it to get wet. I really want to get it in my car. O I also only have the a apple laptop. Me and naz where working on getting windows to run on his apple then use it to tune MS but it wouldn't pick it up. We think it was just one to many layers. So I got my MS sitting in a box ready. I was think I could just slowly convert it over while I drive it. Like you did with your carb kinda. The dude I you told me to buy it from does ka 240's all the time I was thinking about having him give me his maps and then just borrow Naz's work laptop and flash it and call it good. As you can see I have been thinking about it for a while :D So do you have those part numbers for the air temp and the water temp? Thanks buddy.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O I got a YSR50 to and I been playing with it a little, its a basket case. I have been slowly putting it back together. I was working at my shop on it and was going to do some work on the 521 but it was way to cold...

ysrin620.jpg

I think you could do the actual conversion to MS in one day. Maybe a full day, but one day. All you have to do is the wiring. For that matter, you could make a conversion plug/harness to do it.

Get a ECU with the correct plug for your wiring harness and harvest that connector out. Then all you do is wire from the relay board to the appropriate wires on the ECU connector. You may have to run a couple new wires or something, but you could do the conversion plug ahead of time.

For the sensors, they are both MSD parts. Coolant temp (CLT) is 2310, Intake air temp (IAT) is 2320. They both require a 3/8" NPT hole. You can use your stock CLT sensor, you just have to do the procedure to get its resistance/temp curve. The guy at DIYautotune surely can give you those numbers. That makes it that much easier.

I think you could do the actual conversion to MS in one day. Maybe a full day, but one day. All you have to do is the wiring. For that matter, you could make a conversion plug/harness to do it.

Get a ECU with the correct plug for your wiring harness and harvest that connector out. Then all you do is wire from the relay board to the appropriate wires on the ECU connector. You may have to run a couple new wires or something, but you could do the conversion plug ahead of time.

For the sensors, they are both MSD parts. Coolant temp (CLT) is 2310, Intake air temp (IAT) is 2320. They both require a 3/8" NPT hole. You can use your stock CLT sensor, you just have to do the procedure to get its resistance/temp curve. The guy at DIYautotune surely can give you those numbers. That makes it that much easier.

WOW Steve you are a genius. I kinda want to change the wires, clean things up a bit more. I can always rock the 1200 for a week or so. I just need to get to work.