POST Craigslist ads here...

Wow thanks for that enlightened input. I'm sure you know all about it.

People like you make listing cars on forums such a waste of time.

I'm not interested in your comments that's why it's on the Craigslist thread.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a for sale thread, therefore anything here is open for scrutiny.  Forums are a waste of time for people that aren't in it for anything other than to make a sale, sure enough, and this one especially won't let you pull one over on anybody, so maybe take it to ebay where you can find a sucker that doesn't know a 510 from a Lada, nevermind be able to spot all the flaws of a roached out 510.

I don't know a lot about cars, but I like the 510s a lot. Can you explain to me the flaws and or the good things about the car? I'd like to learn.

Not trying to offend Ryano or whoevers selling.

This isn't a for sale thread, therefore anything here is open for scrutiny. Forums are a waste of time for people that aren't in it for anything other than to make a sale, sure enough, and this one especially won't let you pull one over on anybody, so maybe take it to ebay where you can find a sucker that doesn't know a 510 from a Lada, nevermind be able to spot all the flaws of a roached out 510.

If you dont want peoples comments, get off the Internet. 

• Like 1

I don't know a lot about cars, but I like the 510s a lot. Can you explain to me the flaws and or the good things about the car? I'd like to learn.

Not trying to offend Ryano or whoevers selling.

That's precisely my intention (not to offend Ryano, but to educate uninformed potential buyers - plus it pisses me off when people just glaze over the defects).  Here are the things I see:

Orange peel paint job

Painted bumpers with what looks like damaged chrome underneath.  Either way, little effort made to make them look good.

Hood release hanging in the breeze

Instrument cluster glued/caulked in

Electrical wiring everywhere

Zip tied shut quarter window(s)

All front chrome painted black

Painted door handles and locks

All rear chrome & pillar vents painted black

Red overspray on muffler

Unpainted door jambs

Paint masking lines around window gaskets

Paint overspray on driver side rain gutter stainless trim

Lousy paint coverage inside along the hood and the cowl vent

Black, poorly painted engine bay

No windshield wipers (but not shaved either)

Looks like cut firewall and hard to see how it was put back together

No hood prop or modification to hold up hood

Looks like ebay aftermarket side markers

Stock wiper and headlight switches gone/moved, same for ignition switch

A lot of those issues could be considered style choices, but when they're done poorly they only detract from the value of the car.  The paint job is poor.  It's clear that it was a quick and dirty mask and spray job, where little of the car was disassembled for painting.  Who knows what's hiding under that paint.  It would have been better for the next potential buyer if the paint had all been left stock.  Now you don't know how bad the body really is (or isn't), nor how bad (or not) all the chrome trim is, not to mention all the work to take it back to chrome even if it was good.  There looks to be a ton of work left just to clean up the existing electrical and a lot of other odds and ends fixes to make things right, not to mention all the paint work it still needs.  All that's good and fine for a much lower price, but eight grand and the reserve isn't even met?  He was asking like $16,500 before, so I imagine it's quite a bit higher than $8k.  Let's say the shell was pristine.  It might have been worth 2-3k as a roller, and maybe 2k for the motor swap (face it, any labor value is essentially lost), and throw in another 2k for the other parts assuming they were installed well.  6k? 7k?  Maybe... 

It's a goofy ad, some of the photos have a front bumper, some don't have it, the last photo is just strange looking, something wrong about the wheels.

3G43L93F25E75Fd5M2d4s615e637381141fb6.jp

I cant speak for the validity of the ad, but thats the way the car looks in person. I just saw it a couple weeks ago...

934140_159688044192761_1164621605_n.jpg

923180_159688470859385_401125319_n.jpg

420701_159688490859383_993874539_n.jpg

I cant speak for the validity of the ad, but thats the way the car looks in person. I just saw it a couple weeks ago...

934140_159688044192761_1164621605_n.jpg

923180_159688470859385_401125319_n.jpg

420701_159688490859383_993874539_n.jpg

All I can say is the last photo looks weird to me, otherwise the rest of the photos look normal.

It also looks like some of the photos were taken at a different time than others, but that is not bad or good, as I have lots of photos of my rigs taken at different times, also the lic. plate is there in one photo for everyone to see, I was just commenting on the last photo, as I agreed it looked strange to me also.

I have nothing good or bad to say about the rig, but I feel sorry for the guy, from the looks of it, everytime he takes photos, it seems to be raining on him.  :huh:

GLWS

All I can say is the last photo looks weird to me, otherwise the rest of the photos look normal.

It also looks like some of the photos were taken at a different time than others, but that is not bad or good, as I have lots of photos of my rigs taken at different times, also the lic. plate is there in one photo for everyone to see, I was just commenting on the last photo, as I agreed it looked strange to me also.

I have nothing good or bad to say about the rig, but I feel sorry for the guy, from the looks of it, everytime he takes photos, it seems to be raining on him.  :huh:

GLWS

The ad photos do look weird, I agree. It seems as though someone cut out the car and placed it on a new background. I know the owner, so I was trying to match up the ad phone number with the one I have for him, but I seemed to have misplaced it. 

The last one does, the wheels don't look right.

think its the ran shadow... the car sat there when it wasnt raining then it rained in the shot and u have that dry area under the car thats kinda messing with my eyes.,...its in the other photos but isnt as noticeable mainly cuz its a busy back drop too

more importantly ...... wait raph is selling this car now too ... i thought he missed the old car which was why this car came onto the scene

think its the ran shadow... the car sat there when it wasnt raining then it rained in the shot and u have that dry area under the car thats kinda messing with my eyes.,...its in the other photos but isnt as noticeable mainly cuz its a busy back drop too

more importantly ...... wait raph is selling this car now too ... i thought he missed the old car which was why this car came onto the scene

Thats not Raph. 

Hes the same guy that owned the Gloria/Cedric from the Old School Reunion last year

DSCN3455.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.