Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking about the mondo butt plug that datrod made

but good stuff from you as usual mike!

If you were asking me, Then yes CNC. The fixture we made for the holes was pretty badass. I'll take some pic's tomorrow and post them up.

For that part a 5 axis machine would be just about right.

If you were asking me, Then yes CNC. The fixture we made for the holes was pretty badass. I'll take some pic's tomorrow and post them up.

For that part a 5 axis machine would be just about right.

Sweet, tooling pics are my favorite :D

20140116_153236_zps37bf2cf8.jpg

The dildo is 3 different pieces. The top piece with the small holes in it is 316 SS. The dull portion is just mild steel, And the large part is 17-4 SS. 

• Like 1

mmmm 5 axis.....

I'm flying to Toronto next week to inspect a possible third 5-axis machine for our shop :) I really enjoy programming them. I've found the longer I'm in this biz the more complex things need to be to keep my attention..... ;)

• Like 1

20140306_130159_zpsd8f29193.jpg

20140306_130217_zps6ba01d72.jpg

The tooling fixture we build for the dildo looking part. Every one of the notches on the bottom and the flats on the side allowed us to put the angled holes down thru the part. We put a dowell pin under the fixture to change the angle.

• Like 2

8ft, you parts are so small :lol: I don't do too many complex things but they are big from time to time, just got done with a part that has a 10' diameter and weighs 24tons

I am glad I don't do the gigantic stuff any more. I used to have to mill these huge rock crusher castings. 5000-8000lbs castings. I much prefer a part that i can palm VS get squished by.

• Like 1

How have I not seen this thread yet? :O

I started working at a machine shop a couple months ago... picked things up pretty quick, machining is awesome.  I can't post pics of stuff I've been working on but I have a few personal projects I plan on starting soon, I'll be sure to add to this thread when I can.