Let's see some machine work

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Those truly are beautiful!! ......and you're gonna put dirty car tools in there??? Those are nicer than anything in my house!! :(

Wow I suck at wood working. Sign me up for one of them there tool boxes.

That is the shit. :cool:

Damn Buck!!!! I also suck at wood working.. Well when it comes to finish work, I could never build cabinets that classy! One of the Electrical Engineers said I should be a framer after he saw a table and a set of stairs I built. nothing I would dare post after what you just posted :D

I did build this the other day, I posted it in the 4 door thread but thought I would put it in here just for fun :D It's .25" on one side and .5" on the other. Get this I kept it within +/- five thousandth of an inch!! Not that it matters since rubber hose goes on it but pretty damn good for 30min on the lathe :D I tried to keep it as accurate as I could just for practice :D

lathe%20002.JPG

You know, football? No eights and sixteenths... only quarters and halfs. :lol:

Yeah, Ice! See, I think that stuff is so cool. I have an Army buddy that has the baddest little machine shop and makes parts for GE jet engines to tolerances in the ten thousandths range. I can't even count that high.

Mike, you gotta understand all the material I used was either dragged out of a dumpster or was on its way to the land fill. The only thing I bought was glue. It's totally Ratsun Garage. I blew it, I should have stuck one of J2eDeYe's stickers on there!

Great another sawdust maker! Nice fastdad. It looks like you got some space. Mine is only 25' x25', but I have six other neighbors with way bigger spaces and crap loads of nice machinery. One of the guys has a ShopBot CNC router set up. I'm going to use it for some up coming project ideas I have.

Here is a cool little box that I built for a really nice guy named John Marks. He grew up in Wisconsin and was into Frank Lloyd Wright. Your should grab a cup of coffee or a beer for this:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/figbuck/KnotTraditionalWoodworks/KTW%20SAMPLE%20PICS/KTW%20MARKS%20JOB/

I love making something out of nothing. This is in the firewood category:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/clarysktw/Crestwood%20Lane%20Wine%20Table/

My favorite projects are always the next one...

that house is really cool....love FLW stuff!

Okay....Fig....I don't typically follow much 620 stuff so this is the first time I've checked your PB pics.....HOLY COW!!! I've seen a few of the pics, but I had no idea that you had your rig done! I feel like such a sloth!! This isn't the thread for it, but seriously....great work on the tailgate and all the painting!! I'm quite impressed!!

That wood work is awesome! Seriously WOW.

Datrod, very nice center consol. What kind of shifter boot is that? I'm looking for something really small and that looks like it would fit the bill.

Well I picked up the boot at pep-boys, Then cut the material down and made the ring,

for some reason, it didn't dawn on me to post anything other than the dato related stuff..........so here's a tool I made for work :) I've seen a similar design before, but not many people have.....so it really kinda impresses people when they see a set of "hingeless" pliers :)

100_1113.jpg

100_1120.jpg

100_1122.jpg

100_1125.jpg

100_1127.jpg

Datrod, if we were closer there would be some serious barter going on. :) That console would look trick in the 'ol 620!! Love the Radioflyer badge too.

Mike, thanks for the compliment, NICE TOOL dude! Ar, ar, ar... wreeet! :P What is the machine you are working on, what's it do?

EZ, what's the class?

Mike, thanks for the compliment, NICE TOOL dude! Ar, ar, ar... wreeet! :P What is the machine you are working on, what's it do?

Is the feeder section of the DBCS(delivery barcode sorter) at work. It sorts the mail into "walk sequence" for the carriers at a rate of about 38k-42k letters per hour. The electronics could probably go a good bit faster, but you can only push paper through a machine so fast. I've run test before checking my alignments....I've hit nearly 60k with postcards and some "tweaks" :)

EZ, what's the class?

It was CNC course. The machine was a Fadal 5800 or something.. I took several courses like that including Rapid Protyping, CNC, manual lathe and mill course, machine design, and several other courses that required me to use all of those machines to finish projects for Formula SAE, moon buggy, remote control lawn mower, hover craft and much more.

It was CNC course. The machine was a Fadal 5800 or something.. I took several courses like that including Rapid Protyping, CNC, manual lathe and mill course, machine design, and several other courses that required me to use all of those machines to finish projects for Formula SAE, moon buggy, remote control lawn mower, hover craft and much more.

I gotta love you formula sae guys & gals. I volunteer every year for the formula sae event held at AAA Speedway in Fontana. To much fun watching all the young kids with all that talent. Hand build some mean ass race cars.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I put this in the MEND thread too......

It's not metal.....it's closed cell foam :)

It's for the heater core to sit in. I used double sided tape to hold it to the vise. Took longer to get that back off the vise than to do the rest of the work!! :(

th_100_1927.jpg