Rims...post what you have & had

Anyone ever heard of "Speed Racing", these are not SSR mesh. Just curious. At first I thought they may be SSR mesh with "crown" center caps, but...my friend in Japan told me they're literally "Speed Racing" and said they're so rare he's only ever seen the center caps for sale, and only 2 of them that he can remember. The center caps are the coolest center caps I have ever seen.

IMG_6107_zpsta0fexxa.jpg

IMG_5110_zpsompjrc3b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone ever heard of "Speed Racing", these are not SSR mesh. Just curious. At first I thought they may be SSR mesh with "crown" center caps, but...my friend in Japan told me they're literally "Speed Racing" and said they're so rare he's only ever seen the center caps for sale, and only 2 of them that he can remember. The center caps are the coolest center caps I have ever seen.

IMG_6107_zpsta0fexxa.jpg

IMG_5110_zpsompjrc3b.jpg

They're not common thats for sure, pop up a bit though. Sell for next to nothing too! Guess then less well known brand makes them less desirable. Cool design tho!

Here's some more for sale atm-

Speedracing_zpswsup8qh7.jpg

and a 5 stud single!

Speed%20racing%205_zpsyshbpswh.jpg

• Like 1

Scored these the other night!!

Shark5H_zpstcocl5vj.jpg

Sharks5H1_zpsjm2kcpqo.jpg

Have a full set now =)

Here's a few other wheels I've been working on the last week or so-

Mk2/3s I posted a while ago, looking much better now haha

2015-06-11%2016.25.10_zpse2qhinyo.jpg

2015-06-12%2009.30.45_zpskobrcti5.jpg

2015-06-12%2009.31.17_zpsmiwnq4zt.jpg

Hoshino G5s- Just waiting on new reproduction stickers and hardware to be installed-

2015-06-17%2015.20.02_zpssjesffxf.jpg

2015-06-17%2015.20.12_zpszevwd2eg.jpg

16x8-1 and 16x8.5-8 Hoshino Impul Pro-Mesh-

2015-06-18%2016.02.43_zpsgunqkeed.jpg

Impul%20Pro%20Mesh%2016s_zps5xl3y4jq.jpg

Hard to get a good photo of the colour on these, Its a very metalic Gunmetal Grey. 

Group shot with the Hayashi Streets I done and the Star Sharks im working on at the moment-

2015-06-19%2018.18.20_zpsf0fwpggw.jpg

2015-06-19%2018.18.12_zpsil2m9cxh.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while so here my last few buys haha

Volk Aeros! Unknown size other then 15" diameter

Volkaeros%20_zps4fvxnp3m.jpg

Impul Pro Mesh- 16x7.5-8 

Impul%20Pro%20mesh_zpsn75eph23.jpg

SSR MK2s 13x7 +-0ish

ssrmk213x7_zpscz2z5rbb.jpg

5 Stud SSR Reverse Mesh- 15x7.5+7

SSrmesh5H7.57_zpsa2ebv94h.jpg

=)

• Like 2

Happy to finally be able to contribute to this thread. Bought my first set of wheels from Japan this morning. Little nervous about it. I've always wanted a set of Devil Japan rims, and though these aren't Shadow Spokes, I am pretty psyched to snag some Shadow Sparks! (At least that is the only name I've seen them listed by. Pretty hard to find info on them.) Now the waiting game and to see if I got my shipping costs right.

DevilJapanShadowSpark4.jpg

• Like 3

The container finally got here on the slowboat from japan, I was able to score some more pairs.lol Soon I will start looking for pairs to make sets out of what I already have, but I like the look of mismatched wheels.¯\_(ツ)_/¯Anyways everything but the longchamps(14x7.5) are new. Mki are 14x8, mkii are 14x7, wats are 14x7, weds mesh are 14x7, and the sharak's are 14x6.5 I also won a set of 15x8 bridgestones for the truck

_MG_2416_zpstzdigg8r.jpg

• Like 1

The container finally got here on the slowboat from japan, I was able to score some more pairs.lol Soon I will start looking for pairs to make sets out of what I already have, but I like the look of mismatched wheels.¯\_(ツ)_/¯Anyways everything but the longchamps(14x7.5) are new. Mki are 14x8, mkii are 14x7, wats are 14x7, weds mesh are 14x7, and the sharak's are 14x6.5 I also won a set of 15x8 bridgestones for the truck

_MG_2416_zpstzdigg8r.jpg

Very Nice! I was thinking about a set of Sharaks myself. A cool and affordable rim! So did you have them all shipped at once in a big container? Is there a big savings vs having a pair or set sent one order at a time?

Very Nice! I was thinking about a set of Sharaks myself. A cool and affordable rim! So did you have them all shipped at once in a big container? Is there a big savings vs having a pair or set sent one order at a time?

Yeah, one large shipment with a couple buddies. Although we all agreed we won't be doing it again. There is a decent amount of savings in the container shipment, however there are no tracking updates whatsoever. We got an email that we only had 2 days to pick up the shipment from the warehouse in Baltimore, without any previous notification that it had made it to LA or that it had cleared customs. Also the connection we had fill the container and send it out was very slow and the communication lacked, so I have no intention of using him again.

When I hear the C-word(container)I'm glad I can just put the wheels I buy through USPS. 1 week or so and they're at my front door.

this was our second container shipment, the first went much smoother, regardless I will be doing air mail with tracking from now on.

Yeah, one large shipment with a couple buddies. Although we all agreed we won't be doing it again. There is a decent amount of savings in the container shipment, however there are no tracking updates whatsoever. We got an email that we only had 2 days to pick up the shipment from the warehouse in Baltimore, without any previous notification that it had made it to LA or that it had cleared customs. Also the connection we had fill the container and send it out was very slow and the communication lacked, so I have no intention of using him again.

this was our second container shipment, the first went much smoother, regardless I will be doing air mail with tracking from now on.

I choose Fed-x 7-day based on their calculator. I will report back what the final shipping was. But the rims have to make it from the seller to my middle man in Japan first.

image_zpsygumcuje.jpg

Bought these this morning. Hayashi Yayois.

Very, very Jealous! haha These are one wheel I can never seem to win! 

My Latest buys-

14x7.5-7 Work Equip 03-

Workexcel_zpsuytcfw7s.jpg

workexcell_zpsvzi3ft68.jpg

13x?????? SSR Star Sharks. Planning to use these on my Carry van- 

13inch%20sharksvan_zpsrzhz65g0.jpg

Volk Aero Covers-

2015-07-31%2008.23.21_zpsgbsuucp0.jpg

and 13x7 SSR Star Formulas-

Formulasss_zpsumhfup8u.jpg

also finished these-

2015-07-27%2017.20.06_zpswtci9hxc.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

My Devil Japan: Shadow (Spark?) rims made it across the pacific and then across the country to my door. I am really happy with them. The way they are designed, they have appearance of way more lip than I'd think a 14X6 (+10?) and 14X6.5 +20 normally would.

Interestingly I miscalculated my shipping and didn't have enough for Fed-ex shipping when they got the my middle man in Japan, Nengun.com

They said I did have enough for DHL shipping though, which was quite a bit cheaper than Fed-ex. I was on vacation and in no rush so I said sure try DHL (Actually got a little refund, lol). Fex-ex would have been about $90 more.

I was nervous but it was smooth sailing. And DHL made it from Japan to my door in MA in less than 5 days. I was pretty blown away by that. I also give a thumbs up to Nengun. They repacked my rims in full boxes and got them to me safe and sound.

How they arrived form nengun.com via DHL.

IMG_2804.jpg

Reboxed

IMG_2805.jpg

Christmas!

IMG_2806.jpg

You don't see these that often so I thought I do a lot of photos.

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

14X6 lip

IMG_2815.jpg

Not bad for 14X6.5 +20 !

IMG_2823.jpg

Details

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

I am thinking about Federal SS-595 rubber for them in 185/55 14. If anyone has thoughts on the subject of tires, I am all ears!

• Like 9