Rims...post what you have & had

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure honestly, I havent fully cleaned the backsides of all the grunge but I'm pretty sure they are not CenterLine Champ 500's

they are old. the guy I bought them from said he bought them new in the early 90's. they were neglected & the clear coat was crap but they were not beat up.  

These are really nice,  Who makes?

Im pretty sure that just has the wrong cap on it... Those should be SSR Star Sixes. 

The wheels that look like A3As are Longchamp M1s. 

So they are- the star sixes that is, never looked into 6 stud wheels before so they are a new one to me.

But no they wont M1s, front face isnt stampped as m1s and they had superstar stickers on the outer lip as superstars do (most come off over time) and stamped accordingly on the back of the face, also had the original caps, they were listed as "unused goods"  looking for the photos I saved now. 

buhinoukoku2008-img600x450-1374568519esz

buhinoukoku2008-img600x450-1374568520qal

Can't find the 3rd photo I had, Will post it if I find it. 

On another note, put bids on some 5 Stud Star Sharks, more Jilba's and some Riverside 109s

• Like 3

Yeah I know what M1s are, if you look they arent the same if that's what you're getting at? 

There are many other brands with this same design also. 

No, Im not saying they are exactly the same. And its fine if other companies make similar styles... you said A3A looking SSRs. So I put some A3A looking SSRs up. Its great if you know what they are, but there are tons of people who have no clue what M1s are. The general consensus is that XR4s are the only Longchamps.

• Like 1

No, Im not saying they are exactly the same. And its fine if other companies make similar styles... you said A3A looking SSRs. So I put some A3A looking SSRs up. Its great if you know what they are, but there are tons of people who have no clue what M1s are. The general consensus is that XR4s are the only Longchamps.

rightio, I thought you were trying to say they were m1s, In my original post I only said the superstars look like a3a's as the photos I have were on another computer and most people know what A3A's are. But I do know what you mean about people believing XR4s are the only Longchamps, or just calling them longchamps then when theyre asked what type, they have no idea what you mean haha

• Like 1

The Longchamp bit is a pet peeve of mine. I guess its not their fault that people dont know about 30yr old rims... but it gets on my nerves a bit. 

Luckily my car is almost done (until I decide to buy another project), so I can continue buying all the rims I want. Ive got a small collection that could always stand to be larger. 

• Like 1

Ya, there are several different SSR Longchamp variations. The set I have are not even that rare besides being NOS.

And Tristin, sounds like we are in the same position. I am almost done with my dime as well (just switched to other priorities

for the time being). and ohmegerd; I do like shiny wheels too.... lol

How do you store them? Are they stacked up all in row against a wall or do you have racks for them?
I currently have 9 sets but they are spread all over the place, some in my garage, some in my brothers

garage and some at my parents house. Hahaha After I get my dime done, I will get all my spare parts

together and sell them. Then maybe I can effectively store them all in one place.... LOL

The Longchamp bit is a pet peeve of mine. I guess its not their fault that people dont know about 30yr old rims... but it gets on my nerves a bit. 

Luckily my car is almost done (until I decide to buy another project), so I can continue buying all the rims I want. Ive got a small collection that could always stand to be larger. 

Haha yeah I agree, and you can never have enough rims ;)

Ya, there are several different SSR Longchamp variations. The set I have are not even that rare besides being NOS.

And Tristin, sounds like we are in the same position. I am almost done with my dime as well (just switched to other priorities

for the time being). and ohmegerd; I do like shiny wheels too.... lol

How do you store them? Are they stacked up all in row against a wall or do you have racks for them?

I currently have 9 sets but they are spread all over the place, some in my garage, some in my brothers

garage and some at my parents house. Hahaha After I get my dime done, I will get all my spare parts

together and sell them. Then maybe I can effectively store them all in one place.... LOL

Mine are all stored on top of my shelving along one side of my garage, well my Jap wheels anyways, all my wheels for my xc falcon are in a pile in the garage. I Do however plan to build proper racks to store them on (as im out of room there). Nothing fancy just square metal poles welded up to hold 8-10 pairs of wheels (4-5 high and 2 deep) No idea when ill actually get around to making them up though haha

Old photo but shows how I currently store my wheels

20130731_180929_zps1174ff2b.jpg

• Like 2

Latest addtion...

7450_485466991541517_53934102_n.jpg

Hayashi Street CR

Front: 15x9 -13 offset 

Rear: 15x9.5 -19 offset

I want your car! and great wheel choice!

Latest wheels to land-

SSR Star Sharks

13x7 +-0

Just after I unwrapped them

20131014_142834_zps8dec5ad2.jpg

After centres being stripped but before primer

20131017_140150_zps57bc2c6b.jpg

And with paint, not keen on the orange after doing them and made the mistake of doing them at about 1am so isnt a very good job, so might re-do them red or gold to keep them original

20131018_123833_zpsba02a2b5.jpg

• Like 2

I bought some riverside's about a week ago and they just arrived today!! They need to be refinished, but I like them a lot, and they are the R104's, I've looked around and can't find much on them

image2_zpsd3a9e90f.jpg

Saw those on eBay. Thought they were sweet as fuck at a great price. But 13's are way too small for me (due to brakes)
  • Like 1