Rims...post what you have & had

Fisch those are really dope! So Jelly.

On another note, just want to thanks stevexc our resident rim expert for helping me get proper hardware for my wheels! It's great to be such a part of an awesome community such as Ratsun. I'm truly and humbley greatful to have each and everyone one of you in support of sick ass wheels and the legend...Datsun!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fisch those are really dope! So Jelly.

On another note, just want to thanks stevexc our resident rim expert for helping me get proper hardware for my wheels! It's great to be such a part of an awesome community such as Ratsun. I'm truly and humbley greatful to have each and everyone one of you in support of sick ass wheels and the legend...Datsun!

Thanks man! THey are my first set of rims from Japan, so I am pretty stoked. Man they are light! There are some 14x7 on YHJ right now. Tempted, but think I will stick with the 6.5 for now. There were 8j on there the other day, but they were pretty beat!

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v402614547

Did you have to get special lugnuts for yours? I am hoping standard lugs will work on these. Looks like a normal conical bevel.

• Like 1

ill leave these here. not running dragway indys due to the legality of 6 stud to 5 stud adapters here. plus tires are impossible to get in the size i like now. but still pretty 

TSTIaXS.jpg

I believe they are GM late model drum brake studs. I got them at an aftermarket muscle car type auto parts store. I bought Lengthened roadster studs and they were not long enough to run with my spacers, I have to run to fit my infinity disc brakes. I was going to cut them and get closed end Lugnuts, but after I installed them I liked this steazy look. I had to run a grinder over the press-in part of the studs to decrease the diameter slightly. But don't take too much off! Can't wait to see you 1200 done. I got your motor to start but I still don't have a driveline, and I am sidetracked on building a house now.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-7702?seid=srese1&gclid=CL__8L3Gs8cCFZGJaQodmfsKFA

I think these ^^^

Dang dude, for some reason I thought you were driving your car around lol. I guess we're both lagging hard. But...wait. My car actually started up last week, and is at the tuners getting the carbs tuned, so...hopefully I'll be driving that shit next week! I'll post a short teaser vid when I get it back. I'm trying to make JCCS this year, hopefully.

I have to decide if I'm going to run the SSR mesh, Weds, or Focus Racing. I just got my tires from Japan a couple of weeks ago, I'm going to try and put them on the 13x7.5 -6 SSR mesh, if that fails then onto the 13x7 0 Weds. I need to rebarrel the Focus Racing for sure because they're 13x6 +10, just the outer shell tho.

And just for the fact of it all Focus Racing was a collaboration with SSR and Enkei. SSR made the shells and Enkei made the centers. If you look at my rims it tells the whole story. There was some confusion on Kyushashoes.com on what the story was, and now we know.

On that note, hope to see your car running soon! Super dope!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm so stoked right now. :hyper:  i wasn't expecting these until monday but, last night i saw the ups man roll up and my pants got a little tight.

21886857388_9ea8079176_k.jpg

21451897234_971df84263_k.jpg

21886549430_1017326e82_k.jpg

21453756653_d74e2117e7_k.jpg

14x6 +6.  can't wait till i get some rubber on these and get them on my wagon. :frantics:

this will be my first set of real wheels.....

....so it begins. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two sets of wheels for my car.

It's currently wearing a set of 6 spoke American Eagles (or American Racing, can't remember which)

They were originally designed for a FWD car, so I had to use custom spacers to make them fit.

100_0887.jpg

I also have a set of old school 5 slot mags for it (they were on the car when I got it)

IM000045.jpg

Not sure which ones I like better. The modern rims were a surprise gift, so, I didn't have a hand in picking them out.

They may look better if the car was dropped a bit, but, I'm not diggin' the modern rims on a old ratty car look.

Eventually, I'm going to be painting the whole car flat black.

I'd love to see what it would look like with a set of red steel rims, decked out with beauty rings and caps. Maybe even some Moon discs....