N13 beater(?) Ratsan

Yeah OK so it's a bit younger then the average Ratsun, and it's a Nissan to boot, but it's still nearly 18 years old!:eek:

1991 Nissan Pulsar GL hatch. Australian built so has the 1.6L GM OHC, same as used in Daewoos, Opels etc. Yes it is injected. 5 speed manual and A/C, that needs a leak fixed and regassed. I've found a couple rust spots from when the windsheild was replaced, bonded might be better but removing them is savage. Currently has 281,000km on the orginal engine, been in the family since about 1998. Best bit is, I got it for nothing with rego and it drives fine. Infact it did a near 800km trip on the weekend to get it home!

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture071-1.jpg

Needs a BIG clean, been sitting for 2-3years with little use.

Picture072-1.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Only rust I can find, going to try and fix it this weekend.

Picture075-1.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Plans are new suspension, new speakers, tint and possibly some new wheels and just drive it. When this engine dies I might stick a 1.8L in it.

Edited by irsa76
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One little issue this car had was to get out of the driver's door, you had to open the window and grab the outside door handle. A little while ago the window had been broken and after dad replaced it the issue started. So today I took the door trim off to investigate. I was expecting/hopeing to see rod had disconnected. When I found everything connected I started to worry. A replacement door lock would exceed my expense budget for the car. While thinking about the situation, I noticed a black clip on the door just behind the handle. I then realised the rod was supposed to be supported by the clip:o. A quick test revealed problem fixed, in less time then it took to write this!

After fixing the door I decided to see if my Aerotech seat would fit. Older members might remember me test fitting the seat, and harness seatbelt, in my 720KC.

chloe20040120012tf5.jpg

chloe20040120015za2.jpg

In that situation I was going have to custom make some brackets that would adapt the seat to the rails, had the same issue with a previous 2 cars hence the seat not being used in 6 years!

Well I found that the N13 seat rails are an EXACT match to the Aerotech, infact I found I can swap seats without pulling the rails!

So now I have this:

Photo0050.jpg

Mounted like this:

Photo0047.jpg

Photo0049.jpg

Sorry about the phone pics.

While digging around there I found a hidden kill switch that was hooked up and still working.

Now to make it look better.