how to install a 620 wiper motor into a pl510

jesusno2

Well I could not find a wiper motor for the 510 anymore, so I went to the junkyard and grabbed one from a 620, which are generally in nice condition because their located inside the cab behind the glove box. The particular one I used is a 77 model 620 truck. Easy install really,here's a list of what you will need.

620 wiper motor

510 wiper motor plate

510 wiper arm

Big hammer, ratchet 10MM socket & ext pry bar,flat screwdriver 1/8 inch thick 8mm washers or 5/16 close enough as long as their 1/8 thick. 6x1.0x20mm long bolts and thin 8mm washers. And some time.

First off their could be differences in wiper motors?? The one I got the 510 harness plugged right in. turn it on make sure it works and stops in the same position everytime. You can hold the motor in you hand for this little test. If it works then you can proceed. Next mount the 620 motor on the 510 base plate. Then remove the little arm from the 510 wiper motor don't lose the little clip!! Then find a good sturdy place cause you need to flaten out that 510 arm with a hammer, I used the anvil part on my vise to pound it flat.install it on the 620 wiper motor I recommend using some blue locktight just incase! then use the thick washers behind the 3 holes on the mounting plate to space it away from the cowl some and bolt it to the cowl. hook the wiper arm back up to the motor. Install the clip hook harness back up. Now turn the switch on slow. The arm will most likley hit the bolt holding the arm onto the motor. Take the pry bar and gently pry the linkage a little so it clears the bolt as the arm swings around. You also may have to tweek it a bit more so it will clear the little hump inside the cowl also. Reinstall wipers and adjust them and your done!! Sorry I don't have any pictures I did this all from my phone and I can't upload photos to this sight from my phone. Hope this helps as its a much cheaper and easyer motor to find than the 510 one and it points backwards to confuse people lol! I don't know if it works any better as the 510 wiper motor I had was not working due to my wiper linkage being seized up and that fried the motor.

• Like 1
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic