mklotz70 project MEND

mklotz70

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are starting to clear back up...now just a lot of rain. No progress because of the weather yet, but I couldn't help but post a pic of the vinyl that just showed up today!! I turned right around and ordered 3 yds of the matching black. That ought to make some retina burning seats!! :)

100_1497.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful 521, I have a 521 dash assembly that might have a instrument cluster bezel. Noticed Mend is missing it. I will look tomorrow, if I have it and you need it email me back it is yours. I have switches and some other odds and ends for 521's.

I also have a 1966 520 1300 with 4 speed trans. Engine froze up trans feels good came out of my 520 with 54,000 original miles. From air cleaner to oil pump to starter to alternator.

I live in Tolleson AZ (West Phoenix)

Let me know what you need and if I have it I will get it shipped to you ASAP.

All I ask is you pay shipping on anything heavy. A 19 year old's budget can use all the help it can get!

Oh by the way nice shop, I can see why you are popular with your daughters boy friends. LOL

Enjoy your time with your daughter and Mend,

Charlie

Thanks guys. It looks pretty cool in my head....we'll see if I can bring it to life :)

Charlie.....thanks a ton for the offer.......but the bezel was behind the seat. I have a couple of spare dashes :) This is part of her graduation gift(belated), so it's on my budget for now. I've gotta get the van fixed in the next couple of days, then I think I can pull Mend back in front of the garage and mess with a couple of things :)

• Like 1

Mike I found the picture I have that is identical to the '70 Dart 340 I had new. Mine had the flat black hood and it's the only difference. The color is Sublime a 'performance color option' and was an extra $29 back then. :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/nondatsun/car70340DartSwinger.jpg[/img]"]car70340DartSwinger.jpg

• Like 1

Are you going to paint it up like one of the old dodges? It would look pretty sweet, especially with a matching interior. Does your daughter not like the panther pink? Its kind of funny, those old high impact colors are always so bad that I cant help but like them.

Black roof and hood, sublime green body, black rally/bee strip in the back with the ratsun logo in the center, only one of the scoops over the carb or just run a flat hood with L16 painted at an angle, if you drill the hubs to 5x4.5 the old rallys and caps should fit, drop it a bit, get a roadrunner horn for it and call it good... Meep Meep!... Then tell the daughter that she can have your old one:lol:

Ive got an old hurst shifter that someone modified to fit a datto trans, it would be sweet(although a bit spendy) to make a pistolgrip for it.