mklotz70 project MEND

mklotz70

Someone should Photoshop the hood black. My was and looks way better. It balances the roof and stripe. The '71 Dodges had a "340 WEDGE" decal diagonally on the hood. A buddy had the panther pink, it was more of a purple pink like Thrills ... does anyone remember the gum like Chiclets, but were purple /pink:Like this

70chargerad03.jpg

Yeah it was a bit gay (but we didn't call it gay in the '70s) but it was a fast Demon 340 4 gear with 391 posi.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike I found the picture I have that is identical to the '70 Dart 340 I had new. Mine had the flat black hood and it's the only difference. The color is Sublime a 'performance color option' and was an extra $29 back then. :D

Love those cars! and the color :)

Are you going to paint it up like one of the old dodges? It would look pretty sweet, especially with a matching interior. Does your daughter not like the panther pink? Its kind of funny, those old high impact colors are always so bad that I cant help but like them.

She doesn't want it "shiny" so the plans are for the green to be accents against the satin black.

Black roof and hood, sublime green body, black rally/bee strip in the back with the ratsun logo in the center, only one of the scoops over the carb or just run a flat hood with L16 painted at an angle, if you drill the hubs to 5x4.5 the old rallys and caps should fit, drop it a bit, get a roadrunner horn for it and call it good... Meep Meep!... Then tell the daughter that she can have your old one:lol:

Ive got an old hurst shifter that someone modified to fit a datto trans, it would be sweet(although a bit spendy) to make a pistolgrip for it.

That is a pretty cool idea! ......especially the last part!! :)

Hey there...you got any updated pics of the truck? I imagine that you might still have a bunch of snow layin around.

Those brake brackets are lookin sweet man!:D

Happy New Year!

Thanks. Nope...nothing of the truck yet. Been fighting with the DD van. Hoping to get back on track here soon!

nice color combo. those are the exact same colors i used on the whole interior in my old mazda but mine was a little more of an extreme material. actually those were the colors on the whole truck.

Extreme material??

Okay....just got the PC in today :) Powder By The Pound is an awesome place to order powder from!!!! Got 2lbs of mirror black free with it. I then ordered 3lbs of primer. They sent 2-1lbs samples of different colors with each order.....I got 4lbs of free powder! :) At least two of the colors are pretty cool. ....actually 3 of them...one that would go over well here is called "Rust Leatherette" :) Anyway.....the jar of liquid is so that I can mix the powder with it and paint it onto items that are not conductive. For example.....I could paint that onto the valve cover cap and bake it....assuming the cap could handle the 400degs. It's also good for doing lettering on valve covers :)

100_1564.jpg

100_1565.jpg

• Like 1

layed.....that's sweet! Kinda like clothes from the '80's ......sometimes you look back and go what the heck was I thinking?! My best friend in high school did his '58 chev wgn dash in funny fur....I sure thought it was cool back then! I still like to see it on other guy's cars....probably not on mine. Ooooohhh........lime green funny fur headliner!!!!! Now that might just find it's way to Mend!! :) Amanda can't guard the truck 24/7!! :)

Shady......it's just a cheap HF gun and the old kitchen oven.....but I gues it does the trick :) It just depends who you compare me to.....compared to some guys, I have a ton of stuff........compared to Datrod and BobMX3....not so much :)

What's actually funny is how much stuff I have NIB(new in box) sitting in the shop. It drives my bro and buddy nuts.....almost everytime they're over doing a project, we get to a point where we need a tool or supply that they don't expect me to have.....they always laugh when I pull out just what we need.....still NIB!!! :) I needed to measure a piece for a100addicts tubing bender we just put together and it was too long for my calipers. I needed it accurate. I pulled down the digital height thingy and opened it for the first time ever. I've only owned it about a year :) Anyway.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been working on rebuilding the heater box for MEND. Got side tracked on one of those, fun, but complete wastes of time. :) I say complete waste of time because I already have a plastic lever......oh well. It's not even close to perfect, but it's metal....I can PC it lime green now if I want :) ....oh....the mill got it roughed in, the rest was done on the belt sander and by hand with a file....then wire wheeled and glass beaded. Maybe I'll spend the rest of the day actually doing something productive!!

100_1872.jpg

100_1873.jpg

100_1874.jpg

100_1875.jpg

100_1877.jpg

100_1878.jpg

100_1879.jpg

100_1880.jpg

Edited by mklotz70
  • Like 1

Let me just start by saying "Damn you Redeye!!!" LOL That option made the most sense. If I was going to hide it under PC, I might as well have saved the time and painted the plastic one!!! :) It's not extremely smooth, but it will be a shiny bobble in the cab. Can you make out the reflection?

100_1883.jpg

100_1886.jpg

100_1887.jpg

100_1891.jpg

100_1896a.jpg

100_1900.jpg