mklotz70 project MEND

mklotz70

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes lol

Would those coilovers bolt up to stock location of shocks and keeping kingpin setup?

oh....pretty much.  You'd have to cut the bumpstops off the frame and should probably reinforce the shock tower, but I think they'll probably fit.  

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Damn Mike I was hoping you were actually assembling the front end on Mend.

Please do an actual progress update on Mend soon we need pictures of Mend.  LOL

Come on! This thread pops up, gets me excited, and no new pics??? This is a tease!

LOL! You can blame LTJ for bringing this back up!  I've actually been talking to my wife about Mend.  I'll be talking to my buddy about her too the next time I see him....which may be tomorrow.  Things are really busy in the shop and progress has been slow.  I'm still hoping to get some work done on her before the bad weather kicks in again.  

• Like 5

I'm still hoping to get some work done on her before the bad weather kicks in again.  

Bad weather? What's that? Do you mean below 70 degrees or above 110? Otherwise, I don't understand what you mean.  :confused:

(Asks the person who lives in sunny Southern California. B)  )

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I'd been casually asking around to see if I could find a good home for Mend.  I struck pay dirt at Canby this year.  I was talking with Jason and his son Jake for some time.  During the conversation, it came up that they were looking for a project truck for Jake.  He's got about 3 years before he gets his license.....so he's got the time.  Jason and his father inlaw just built a shop...so they've got the space and the skills.  Anyway.....I feel bad for the condition I've gotten the truck into and the fact that I'm just not interested in turning a wrench these days.  I am however, very excited that Mend has found a new home with a young man that is more than excited to receive her.  The only stipulation I had was that they don't part it out.  I don't care if they sell her once she's back on the road, but I don't get the impression they'll want to do that considering just how much work they're going to have to invest to get to that point. lol  Anyway.....just as Brian and Do gifted us the truck nearly 10 years ago, I gifted the truck to Jake.  The work and parts I had put into it were merely a sad apology for the condition it's in.  I'll post the vid I did of the final hour and I'll also add a link to Jake's youtube channel he will be doing for the truck.  If they don't do a build thread on Ratsun, I may post links to his vids here for those that want to see the resurrection.

Jake's channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKp1e2D9Dp3wzWtL-t_fP6w

• Like 5

The other two kids got about $1500 for graduation.  So....several years ago, I paid off about $1500 of her debt in trade for the truck....so it became mine.  I was seriously thinking about putting a KA in it and doing a couple of things differently from what she had wanted. But, the reality is that I just don't have the time, money....or even the desire to work on a project vehicle these days.  Paula's 521 needs a few things, so I'll be doing a bit of wrench turning on it.  Maybe in a few more years, I'll have the desire and I'll get a project for my granddaughter and I to work on. :)

• Like 2

Thanks Steve.  In some ways, I got them ahead.....but in others....it's a huge hinder.  Although as I was digging through parts, I did find that I had bagged and labeled way more than I thought I had. LOL

• Like 2