mklotz70 project MEND

mklotz70

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it as a joke so no worries.

Actually she is 19. Neither of our boys were/are into cars so I think Mike is still holding out hope that Amanda will be. When she was in High School she took a small engine class, and her biggest complaint when she got home was that the guys would never let her do anything nor would they listen to her input. Maybe now she will be able to do some of the stuff that needs to be done and actually enjoy it.

Cheyanne...my daughter has now shown a big interest in working on my Datto. She even changed my intake manifold for me while I worked on another part. So let mike know there is hope yet. :) :D

i went ahead and made an account on here.....so i guess if people have some questions or whatever, they can just message me about it or whatever......but i probably can't answer all questions that will probably be asked

Welcome to Ratsun Amanda! We will be happy with lots of pics of you working on your ride along side your dad. :)

Will you be bringing it to Canby this year?

Welcome to Ratsun Amanda! We will be happy with lots of pics of you working on your ride along side your dad. :)

Will you be bringing it to Canby this year?

not fully sure....i might try to but depends on if i learn to drive it or if my mom wants to drive it over

Ut oh. Now I am in trouble :D

Welcome Amanda. You have an amazingly capable builder/helper to help you get your truck the way you want it. Enjoy it! I love working in the shop with him!

There are over six months before Canby. Excitement about a project is contagious and a huge motivator.

Edited by slodat

I guess the forum is my second habitat....the shop would be my first :) That was friggin' funny!!

I've been working on the brake kits.....I did a trade with Tdaaj, so the brackets/adapters I had built for her truck went away.....need to make more :)

Well, I've had the brackets since before Canby.....so I actually did need an excuse....or at least some more motivation!! :)

There's a couple extra, but Mend's are in here somewhere :)

There's a huge difference in the quality of these discs. I couldn't believe I spent about $6 for this one, but it lasted WAY longer than the HF ones! I used Muriatic Acid on the others, but had a couple of extra sets of plates I bought back from ADrummond.....and there was no way I was going outside to dip these!! The strip disc works really nicely for taking off the mill scale.

100_1331.jpg

100_1332.jpg

100_1333.jpg

100_1334.jpg

100_1337.jpg

100_1338.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1341.jpg

Edited by mklotz70
  • Like 1

I'll put up another disc thread, but I'll follow some of it here....as it pertains to Mend. I did three sets of outer adapters today. The "ears" I made today were done in cold rolled instead of hot rolled.....WOW what a difference!!!! So much less cleanup work. The mill shot is while doing the counterbore with the rotary table :)

• Like 1

Mike how exactly does a rotary table work? Is that how you cut a perfect whole, without an Acurite? My favorite mill is in the weld shop, it doesn't have any fancy computer hooked up, so your saying there is a way to make perfect holes without a computer using a rotary table? I gotta find out if we have one!

The brackets looks sweet to!! Damn I can't even imagine how much time went into machining those parts! Wow how the hours can stack up :D

• Like 1
Looks nice, You gonna do disks all around like on your wifes truck?

Hopefully by Canby....we'll see if there's time.

have to ask now that i have seen this awesome work..... can you make a collector for an L16 manifold peese :D

Sorry. One, I'm buried and two....you can just use a stock one. The cars use one that has separate tubes for about a foot or so, the trucks are more like 4" long before they come together. You should be able to find a stock one pretty cheap.....definitely cheaper than I could make it for! The only parts you should pay good money for are ones you cannot get or ones that make a big difference.....then it's worth it. A collector for a stock mani doesn't fall under either reason.

Mike how exactly does a rotary table work? Is that how you cut a perfect whole, without an Acurite? My favorite mill is in the weld shop, it doesn't have any fancy computer hooked up, so your saying there is a way to make perfect holes without a computer using a rotary table? I gotta find out if we have one!

The brackets looks sweet to!! Damn I can't even imagine how much time went into machining those parts! Wow how the hours can stack up :D

....hhmmm....I think I'll see if I can move this to the mill thread you started :)

...okay...I did.. http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=108132&posted=1#post108132

The brackets were laser cut. The small holes were cnc'd. Then I counterbored the large hole for hub clearance. I could have had them cut the hole larger, but this keeps it stronger.

Edited by mklotz70
  • Like 1