Allow me to re-introduce myself

Drive510

Hey all.  Wassup and hello.  Some might remember me but most, probably not.  Southern California member here.  I'm actually surprised my login still works.  Haven't posted or went to any meets in about 10 years.  Still holding on to her.  71 Datsun 510 Sedan.  Car was rusting away in a field till I had it shipped down from Hood River Oregon about 12 years ago.  Life hits and it's been sitting in my garage ever since.  Had the car since birth (literally rode home in it the day after I was born).  My dad bought it from a dealer second hand back in 73 or there bouts.  Car has been through the ringer and seen better days but hope to restore to a better condition.  No pics right now but hope to possibly get some uploaded quite possibly even pics of me as a kid with the car as well.  Not much of an intro but I hope to look online for more help and knowledge of the Datsun community and preserve these cars for generations to come.

• Like 6
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome & great history! 😎

PS kfvintagejdm.com released patch panels about 2 years ago & coming out with more!  The Wolf Steel/Alfa Parts patch panels are HORRIBLE.............please don't waste your mulla!!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, yenpit said:

Welcome & great history! 😎

PS kfvintagejdm.com released patch panels about 2 years ago & coming out with more!  The Wolf Steel/Alfa Parts patch panels are HORRIBLE.............please don't waste your mulla!!

Thanks for the welcome.  I'll be sure to parous the site and thanks for the tip.  I think rust work is pretty much done.  I might have paid more for custom fab work but I might be in the market for more panels later, or for the 'just in case' factor. 

Expected to have the rolling primered and undercoated shell back in my garage in a few weeks.  Next step is paint.  I'll keep the shell in my garage till I can save more money for paint.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

We are still holding the Vintage Japanese meets every Thursday at the CVS Pharmacy on Sweet Water Road in National City. They have been a bit thin lately, mostly due to the weather, but once it warms up we should have more folks come out. 

Also, the Datsun and Coffee meets are every third Sunday off Carmel Ranch by the Michaels store. Pretty good turnouts there. 

And Welcome Back! 

Edited by Jesse C.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...