1996 2WD D21

Icehouse

Picked up this guy for 700 bucks!  Only 93k on the clock.  Runs like a champ.  It was at my buddies auction in the non driving pile.  Clutch didn't work.  Slap a new master in it and drove it home.  It's got a salvaged title because of a fender bender and the air bag went off.  It's funny the ABS and airbag light are on, two lights my other D21 doesn't even have.  Just going to remove the black primer that was done very poorly and lower it a bit.  My kid can drive it around.  

PTD3LFY.jpeg

Parked at work next to Carter and Datwifey (she's into subi's now).  

R240Afi.jpeg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 11:21 AM, iceman510 said:

Nice score.  I have to get my D21 running again some day.

You have a kid old enough to drive?

On 3/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, datzenmike said:

Good question. My guess is pre teen but time flies now.

I have an adopted daughter.  I brought her to canby with me a bunch of times.  I thought I had a photo of her running around with Dillon's kids.  I can't seem to find it.  dang.  

We've been using water and scotch bright pads to get the black off.  It was done so bad!!!  

qWlOzUH.jpeg

6huzfAQ.jpeg

Sucks in some area's they did a bit of sanding and I ended up buffing through the paint, which I discovered it's been painted red twice and the bed has been replaced.  Changed all the belts.  The AC one was removed, turns out even with the AC off the pulley are loud.  Not sure if it's the idler or the actual pump.  I also changed the engine and trans oil..... Someone put engine oil in the trans!!  I want to get some 2" lowering blocks next.  I have the beefy 2wd D21 torsion bars and a big sway bar a buddy at work gave me.  So far it's a great rig.  

• Like 1