Transmission Switch Delete Plug

Not sure how many know of this or how many even care. This plug is used to delete those extra switches that are no longer being used. I’ve gotten the factory plug

(32135-U020A)for my 280ZX 5 speed. You can buy these from this website. https://datnissparts.com/rwd-transmission-switch-delete-plugs-32135-u020a/
But what they have in stock is all that is left. It is NLA from Nissan. So I was curious what could be done once they are all gone. I had noticed that the thread pitch is M14x1.5 and found some oil drain plugs with the same threads. 

7FD86BE2-571D-486A-86B3-97A3E72C8F81.jpeg

7118EB2F-A76A-4B31-A6F0-994F2ECA8CB6.jpeg

Edited by DARIN 510
  • Like 3
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The transmission pictured is a dogleg. Why remove the switches in the first place?

Because there’s an extra switch that you don’t need or is not used. One is a reverse switch which you need the other is I don’t know. Some other transmissions have multiple switches that are not being used. 

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

We don't use or need our appendix but it's easier to just leave it alone.

Hey Mike, news flash. Some guys like clean installs. No loose ends. If he doesn't need the switch, then it is cleaner to delete it.

1 hour ago, DARIN 510 said:

Ehhh 🤷🏻‍♂️ just putting the info out there. Maybe someone has a race car and they want to delete it. Idk

Thanks for the legwork. I needed to delete a switch on my new A series trans, which is going in a race car.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:25 PM, gm510 said:

so the switch that’s been replaced with a bolt/plug in above photos, is that the reverse switch in this transmission ?

EDIT

all good found it, bottom one is reverse

No the upper one is the reverse switch on this one. This is a dog leg transmission in the picture. I am only into illustrating a delete plug for extra switches that are not needed. disregard the reverse switch part I had my switches mixed up. I am deleting the neutral safety switch.I think that’s what was there. It’s going into a 510 so there is no wires for it. 

Edited by DARIN 510
On 2/8/2023 at 8:59 PM, DARIN 510 said:

Ehhh 🤷🏻‍♂️ just putting the info out there. Maybe someone has a race car and they want to delete it. Idk

Ah, but for the race car guys, which weighs more, the switch or the plug?

• Like 1