• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/19/2023 at 11:07 PM, datzenmike said:

Oics even.... (Thanks skib for that one)

Welcome new member!

OK this has been a long term issue for me................whut the heck does "Oics" stand for?????!!!!! 😆 "Pics" means pictures.  Somebody PLEASE help me here..........

Edited by yenpit
3 hours ago, yenpit said:

Welcome new member!

OK this has been a long term issue for me................whut the heck does "Oics" stand for?????!!!!! 😆 "Pics" means pictures.  Somebody PLEASE help me here..........

OICS was originally a typo of PICS [look at your keyboard] and was taken up as a joke,

• Like 2

Internet 'leet-speak' (elite speak) for the word pics (pictures) same as pwned for owned. From around 2006? Skib can probably tell you. He was drunk posting in Insomniacs so late that it was early one morning. The rest.... is Ratsun history

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

OICS was originally a typo of PICS [look at your keyboard] and was taken up as a joke,

When I had a Sport Compact shop 20++ years ago, I dealt with MANY younger people.  My favorite misnomer was..........NOS is short for Nitrous Oxide Systems.  In my day it was just called "nitrous!"  Most of the younger generation pronounced it out as "noss" (like boss).  I tried to tell some of them early on, but you know how the younger generation is........😜

• Like 1