New here 710 rule!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH YEAH, WE HAD IT ON CL SOLD IT TO A GUY IN THE BAY FOR $1400, NEXT DAY HE HAD IT BACK ON CL FOR $2500! AND COULDNT SELL IT SO HE PUT IT ON EBAY. SO HE KNOWS WHO HAS IT NOW. I LOVE 610S I HAD 3

73'S, 2 2-DRS AND 1 4-DR. I STARTED IT WITH A 510 BACK IN 99 AND I HAD A BLAST WITH IT. BUT THEN I SPOTTED A 73 610 2-DR AND I LOVED IT. SO I SOLD MY 510 AND BOUGHT THE 610 IN RUNNING CONDITION FOR $100! I HAD IT UNTIL THIS YEAR AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE FOR STORAGE, AND JUST FOUND OUT THAT IT GOT HACKED UP AND SOLD FOR SCRAP. FuCK@!! SO, I BOUGHT ANOTHER 73 610 2-DR WITH A BLOWN HEAD GASKET THAT HAD NOT BEEN DRIVING SINCE 1982. I PAID $300 TOOK IT APART AND STRIPPED THE WHOLE FRONT END BARE AND SANDBLASTED IT AND COATED THE WHOLE THING WITH BEDLINER. I REDID THE ENTIRE SUSPENSION WITH POLYUTHERANE BUSHINGS. BUT NOW I SOLD IT TO MY BRO. WITH A BRAND NEW L20B AND NEW 219 SSS HEAD SO HE'S WORKING ON THAT RIGHT NOW. TRYING TO GET MY 710 WAGON BACK ON THE ROAD WHICH I BOUGHT FOR $140 RUNNING. SO NOW I FOUND THIS 75 710 2-DR DOWN IN GARDENA. WHEN I BOUGHT IT, IT HAD 20K ORIGINAL MILES NOW IT HAS 40K. THIS THING IS IN MINT CONDITION IN AND OUT EXCEPT FOR THE FADED PAINT BECAUSE IT WAS LEFT OUTSIDE IN THE SUN. IT DRIVES LIKE BRAND NEW, 75-80 MILE NO PROBLEM, AND ITS AN AUTO TOO. ITS ALL STOCK FOR NOW JUST THREW SOME 15 PANASPORTS ON IT AND IT LOOKS GREAT. I GET COMPLIMENTS ALMOST EVERYDAY. I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR THIS ONE. I JUST LOVE THE 1200S, B210S, 610S, 710S, Z'S AND 510S TOO BUT I THINK THEY'RE JUST TOO TRENDY, NO OFFENSE BUT EVERYBODY HAS ONE OR WANTS ONE. I PERSONALLY THINK THAT OTHER MODELS ARE OVERLOOKED BUT HAVE GREAT POTENTIAL. I LOVE THIS WEBPAGE AND CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD NEVER FOUND IT. GREAT INFO AND GREAT CARS!

you see things the same way i do the z cars and the 510s are just to common that and i think the 610 and the 710 have better lines to them take a look at my 610 in the project forum it has come a long way the only beef i have with it is its a 76 so im stuck with smog thanks mr governator:fu:

Very nice 710. I saw that one from Gardena on CL. Beautiful car. You did a great job with it. I like the stance. Lets see the pics of the 610!

agreed 1000000% lol post some pics of the 610 in the 610s unite thread

Guest jaimesix

Nice pictures, love to see 710 Datsun receiving TLC.

Bonvo, what kind of issues do you have with the smog stuff???

I dealt with that with my B210. Did you pass the smog check?? or are you stuck at it?

PM me if you have any questions, you can make youe Datsun pass legally. BTW, I have the original carburetor I had in my car. I was running great. It needs some cleaning after being seating at the mercy of the elements, but a good cleaning is all it needs, if you need one.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

check on his user profile thingy he has a bunch in a folder there

jaime: i got it to pass its just since im still running points they wear out then the timing is off then it doesnt pass just got to mess with it a little thats all and it passes i may take you up on that offer it seems like mine is falling apart at the seams

Guest jaimesix
check on his user profile thingy he has a bunch in a folder there

jaime: i got it to pass its just since im still running points they wear out then the timing is off then it doesnt pass just got to mess with it a little thats all and it passes i may take you up on that offer it seems like mine is falling apart at the seams

Yes GZilla, check the profile of the poster of thius thread, he has pictures in a privaye folder of his.

Bonvo, one thing overlooked by many, and which causes many older Datsuns to fail the smog test, amongst more obvious things like timing, the EGR valve, vacuum hoses and a working air pump and corresponding hoses and connectors, , is the "EGR Passage".

This EGR Passage is a passage of air that runs from the exhaust system via a metal hose connected to the underside of the EGR valve. When the EGR valve opens, it admits exhaust fumes into the intake manifold/carburetor via this passage. It is that section, removable section on your intake manifold, right under the carburetor, on the external face of said intake manifold. I think there are 3 or 4 bolts that once removed, separates that cover from the intake manifold, allowing you to see said passage.

Ussualy, this passage is completely, 100% clogged up with carbon residue that has solidified to become something like a fosil!:eek: You need to clean that out, a dremel tool is the best deal, scrub it, grind it, it is a 15 round fight.....15 round ( not like today's 12 rounders, this fight against deposits in this passage is the real deal!!!!)

Once you get all that crap off, and replace the frozen EGR valve ( replacing the EGR valve on a clogged up EGR passage is useless.), the readings will be great. My B210 passed with A+ grades, I remember the guys at the smog test only place looking in wonder, in disbelief, as my B210 showed its best side!

Keep us posted. I will keep my stock 610 carbie in case you need it.

Jaime._____________________________________________________