Looking for some help with rear brake hose setup on a 510 sedan rear suspension.

sasquatchmystery

I have a Morris Minor van that I bought, and someone swapped in a Nissan 510 sedan independent rear suspension into. I am changing the rear flexible brake hoses.

I have new flexible brake hoses for the left and the right. They are centric 15042302 (rear left) and centric part number 15042304 (rear right).

There is a flexible hose that runs from the rear "T block that goes from the right to the left side over the top of the differential. It is about 14 inches long. It hooks up through a bracket and has a nut and the left flexible brake line hooks to it on that left side.

Is this supposed to be a hard line or did someone swap something in there, because I am not seeing a listing for a center rear flexible brake line.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thanks,

Ray

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So your saying that the line that goes from the “T” over the differential is suppose to be a hardline? It then hooks to a small flexible brake hose in a L bracket, then to a small hard line that runs alo mg the Lowe control Arm and  goes into the  drivers side rear wheel cylinder.  

So someone has modified this so I need to retrofit it back to what it is suppose to be then. 

This is what I see.... the left rear flex line joins to the T and a hard line on the control arm to the left rear brake drum. The right side of the T is a hard line over to the right side of the car where it joins a flex line down to the control arm, and a hard line along it to the drum brake. There is no need for a flex line from the T to the right side as there is no movement to absorb here.

Take the flex hose with you to the auto supply house of your choice and get a per-measured and flared brake line that is at least as long. Maybe take the T with you also to be sure the flare is correct.

• Thanks 1