85 Nissan 720 4x4 Deluxe Custom Made Heating and Air Condition.

Thomas Perkins

Hi Ya'll.Merry Christmas.It is burr cold here in Georgia.I noticed Nissan drivers here are looking for a new heater core.Back in 6/29/2020 I was too.I looked every where on the internet.My friend had a used one for sale and it looked terrible.So I went by Cadina's auto repair.Jack my Nissan pro,he installed my Jasper engine among other things.He told me he would get a heater core and install it.Guess what.He couldn't find one either.He also restores classic vehicles.I went by there one day and he had 6 engines aligned up by the wall to be installed.But any way,he has a old jeep,stored by the door with a after marketheating and air in it.I looked at it and he asked if that was what I wanted.I said yes and he had mine already priced out.It didn't take long and he had it in.I also had him put all new brake components on it.It needed rotor's,so I have a complete new brake system.Here is a pic of the unit.It alone was 525.00.Plus he had to make a custom box.The control panel was 62.00.The compressor was 300.00.Dyer was 35.00.New a.c. belt was 22.00.3- freon was 31.45.i- compression oil-11.23. discharge line.33.01.1- a,c. leak die.9.00.Suction line-36.30.A.C. hose kit 161.25.And ac/ heater box.in dash.not part or cost listing,he made that part.plus labor  is unknown because he did the brakes too.Some of these parts were used and some i found on the internet to show you.the first part is,yje hoses are the kit is,the compressor is.if you just want to replace just your compressor,Rock Auto has the kit but you have to buy the hose you see to fit the  compressor,the Nissan hose won't.I don't know about the other end of the hose.These parts are available at https://restomodair.com/air-conditioning-systems/ like Stoffregen has stated on the 620 air condition site that SWFL has posted.When i first talked to jack,he had a magazine with my stuff in it.This is costly.But my I take no short cuts and I have the resources to do it.The cost with taxes is 1288.68,plus labor,he had to remove the complete old system too.Like I tell my wife.,it's just money.I just ordered another Pink Floyd shirt,done worn the other 2 to work.Shine on and stay warmy..oh and some stickers to go on my 720...These prices may have went up since then,and thank your so called in the White house.

s-l500 (6).jpg

s-l500 (7).jpg

18893210_prb_t58444_pri_detl.jpg

s-l500 (8).jpg

375x375_products-GPD-4812423.jpg

s-l500 (9).jpg

vta-547001_xl.jpg

s-l500 (10).jpg

s-l500 (11).jpg

12165887_nri_012r134a_pri_detl.jpg

10.jpg

s-l500 (12).jpg

s-l500 (13).jpg

Picture0206161217_1 (1).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no pics of when he installed it.I can post pics of what it look's like now.I did not ask him to save the old parts for me so I could sell,He probably still has them.When I replace old parts I keep them.I have 28 years of old 85 720 parts.Some are still useable.Here are pics of the before and after. The GPmdiJQ.jpghoses on the old way came across the engine,the new way is across the firewall.See the 2 hoses coming out of the firewall from the heater core.Those have been eliminated and he put a piece of Dynamat over the hole.Here is another part he added to the hose.I don't know what it is.Here is the new dryer.He completely rewired it so the old wiring is not used.That is why you see all that blue wire.And that thick red wire on the positive battery cable at the end,Here is the new compressor and new hoses.That's where the blue wire goes to,the compressor..Here is the old and new control panels.See the new look by the gas pedal.See the old heater core box,gone,See what has took the heaters core's spot.Here is a close up that was added to it that . I don't know what it is.The blower motor is gone.See what my engine idle's at,Been doing that for 28 years,also check out the volt meter.Over where the blower motor was is nothing now.The new system was worth every penny.It is cold here now and this unit heats up super fast and then I run it on low.It defrost the front windshield super quick,I always had issues with the old system.Their just was too many parts for it.A bad design in my book,This one is a very simple. Only bad thing is that it has no light to make the control visible at night.But I am looking into that. I could of never been able to install it.CNfQGRX.jpgYdH0S6Y.jpgvockpq6.jpgUyCZo6l.jpg3nQkORV.jpg

100_8364.jpg

100_8361.jpg

100_9742.jpg

100_9743.jpg

100_8616.jpg

100_8622.jpg

100_7549.jpg

100_7571.jpg

100_8621.jpg

100_8631.jpg

100_8603.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins