A14 Turbo engine.

Reline019

@Stoffregen Motorsports Agreed, but at this stage we are still only busy with the mockup. So all the fastners and fixing hardware will be evaluated and addressed as we go.

We are hoping to have the motor back in the pickup this week coming if all goes well, then we will start with the the rest of the fabrication work, the plumbing of the boost pipes, the fitment of the radiator, intercooler and fans, the exhaust, the fuel, oil feed and return lines and everything else we still need to do on our to do list.

We also still have some body work to address and we are also replacing all the bushes on the pickup with polyurethane items. Then the rest of the things we have to do are really just minor issues to sort out.

Edited by Reline019
  • Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

Compliments for the New Year, may it be your best one yet.😁😁😁

Small update regarding the build.

Motor, gearbox and propshaft is in. Most of the fab work is done now, so I am entering the final stages. Decided to go with a hood exhaust, still need to do the wiring and the management system. But should be able to start it in the week or 2.😜😜😜

IMG-20230110-WA0001.jpgIMG-20230110-WA0000.jpgIMG-20230110-WA0002.jpgIMG-20230110-WA0003.jpgIMG-20230110-WA0004.jpgIMG-20230110-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

IMG-20230110-WA0003.jpg

Might want to insulate the cold pipe from the inter cooler from the hot radiator air.

IMG-20230110-WA0005.jpg

Hood exhaust. For daily driver or is this for tractor pulling?

Hi.

Trust that you are doing well.

Yes, I am definitely going to be looking into doing the insulation on the boost pipes and all other electrical components and wiring. Fortunately the car isn't my daily and will be used as weekend toy, which will see some occasional street & strip use.  It's really just more of a stuff around van for the shits and giggles of it all.

When it's up and running I'll post some vids of it.

23 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Curious why you used stainless for the intercooler piping.

Probably not everyone's first choice, but I choose it for the bling factor. It looks good and will most likely stay that way. Also it won't rust. So thats a plus point.

• Like 1