620 wiper linkage pivot bushings

radsun

I need to replace the plastic wiper bushings on my 79 620. I see them available on ebay from Thailand. 

They offer a small and big size. They really both look similar and with the way they have them set next to a ruler its really tough to see what size is appropriate. 

Anyone know which one is needed? I can measure mine its just tough figuring out what the replacements actually measure. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball and socket things? Called ball retainers. My 620 parts diagrams do not show them but they do for several other Datsuns and those part numbers also show as used on the 720 and are marked Large. There were small also used on the later 720s, but none of those part numbers show up on earlier vehicles. Not very definitive I'm afraid.

Buy both?

• 3 months later...

My 1978 uses 2 large and 2 small. My truck is LHD.

the large retainers go on the ends of the arm going between the wiper motor shaft and the passenger side wiper..they go on the larger balls.

the small ones go on the arm between the passenger wiper and the driver side wiper.

it’s not a hard job. First, remove the wiper arms by removing the nuts (14mm).

there are four little screws that hold the front lip of the vent panel. with the hood open, lift the vent panel a little and start bringing it toward the engine compartment. There are four little tabs that insert just below the windshield.

remove the three nuts on each wiper shaft (8mm).

the plastic retainer on the motor shaft has to be turned a little until you can take that end of the arm off. In my case the retainer was broken and cam right off. Then push both wiper shaft down and the whole assembly will come out toward the passenger side. Might have to jiggle/rotate a little.

be sure to put some grease in the retainers.

the retainers go into notches then you have to turn them so that the little tab clicks into the end of the arm

• Like 1