Just bought a 620!

MannyIsle

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and the Datsun community. I've dreamed about owning a 620 for years, but never had the space to work on one. This truck has had two owners prior to me, both older gents, and spent its life in the mid-west of Canada. A little rust on the fenders and rocker panels which I'll need to deal with. Here are a few pics of 'Big Red'. 

q2BnaaK.jpeg

WmSDvjY.jpeg

zIcLHXV.jpeg

FeO0DOj.jpeg

tRnG9Aq.jpeg

ihbEdLP.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shape! I had a '78 for almost 20 years here out west, always wanted one too. Had a 521 for about 10 years previous to the 620 and all those years as a daily driver in Onterrible, so don't drive it in the winter there.

I don't care for the Nissan bucket seats at all. Rare to see a good dash like yours and the engine compartment looks complete. I see a Ford starter relay probably used as a hot start relay.

• 3 weeks later...

58,000ks is just over 30,000 miles. With age often many things are replaced. I see a lot of original hose clamps and nothing after market.

If 150,000km the brake pedal rubber will be showing signs of wear and the carpet or liner under the gas pedal worn through from the heel rubbing, shifter knob worn and definitely those buckets would look a lot worse.