New guy here

lonelydriver_95

Hey y’all, just joined and I figured I’d introduce myself and Big Bird, my 1980 720 4X4. This truck and I have an interesting story. I bought this truck in 2014 as my 2nd ever vehicle and I taught myself to drive manual with it (I was 18.) So I put a little money into it and drove it around for 4 years and then sold it in 2018 perfectly running and daily drive able. It didn’t take me long to regret that and miss the truck. Well this past June an ad came up on marketplace for a Datsun 720 part out because the engine blew up, and that happened to be my old truck! So I went ahead and made a deal to buy the whole truck back before any parts got taken off of it. So now me and some buddies are working on putting a new engine in it and get it back on the road. We are almost done already but I may be on here asking possibly dumb questions lol.

this post was meant to have pictures but I can only post a pic with a URL, is that the only way to post or am I restricted because I am new.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no stupid questions. Well, sometimes there are but very rare. The stupidest thing you can do is not ask a question. 

I just join a free picture hosting site such as but not limited to... imgur. Store pictures there, copy them and bring here for posting. You may be able to bring pictures directly from your computer as long as they are proper size. 

If I remember, it took a few posts before I was able to upload an image. At the bottom left of the text field you'll see [Drag files here to attach, or choose files]. As long as it's a small-iso jpg file like 10X7 72dpi it's all good straight from your lap top. No hosting site needed.

Welcome to the Booby Hatch. 

Imgur is better to load with a computer.It started out good with my phone, then it stopped.I got my 720 for 3500.00 in 94,and was 33 and went to see Pink Floyd's concert,The Division Belle Tour.And a million dollars later,my 85 720 is still running.Almost ran from the police one time,but he passed me.Pissed me off.I was going to hit the woods and lose him.