85 Nissan 720 4x4 Temperature gauge.

Thomas Perkins

Here is a site that I have used a few times cause Nissan here in the states did not have them.Parts are Genuine Nissan and priced real cheap,but shipping is a little high but it took just 2 days to get it,they are located near Africa. I have posted pictures here of parts I got from them ans showed them after I put them on.Just enter the part number and see if they have it,They sell other brands too.https://partsouq.com/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I mean, that's just plain fraud. Who does this?

Amazon. When you can buy "genuine" toyota parts for $32  pair when they retail for $250 a piece from Toyota you know it is too good to be true. Why not take a gamble? Nice box but they were identical to the fit and finish from the made in China ones I had bought before. No big deal I made brackets to mount the sensors on the head up front and I can change them in minutes. This is a 2003 250k plus mile v6 highlander I have $800 into so I just sent it. Fucker actually runs good with cold A/C, needs struts but struts are worth more than the car. I do give it frequent maintenance so I am just going to see how far it goes 

Whenever possible get original parts. I realize that any part over the years can become impossible to get. I would rather have an original wrecking yard starter than a lifetime guarantee new one. Same with alternators, water pumps . The' OEM original equipment manufacturer' (which is pure bull shit) are cheaply made with poor quality parts and cheap labor in China or w/e. When you buy a reconditioned or new starter for $60 when Nissan sells them for $250 what does this tell you?

Tommy how many water pumps have you replaced in 380K? When did the original fail? 

• 2 weeks later...

No 720's in junk yards around here cause no 720's on the road.No one will buy the parts.I am the last 720 on the road around here.Everyone compliments my truck and wants to buy it.The original failed in 1997.I had 120,000 on it then.I have no problem putting these parts on.I just don't have to spend money on them.No places around here rebuilds them any more.Old school ways are gone here.No more carb shops here either.We have a dying breed vehicles.Biden wants to wipe us out too.Everybody wants newer cars,we are getting rare.Plus not many people can work on them like us.It's no big deal on these lifetime warranty parts.I have no choice but to use them.If I were to buy from a junk yard and they go out,then what.No one wants to rebuild them.Just like no one wants to fix them if you hit a deer.Last shop told me he could not fix it cause he would have a hard time finding parts,right.My wife hit a deer this year and the same body shop fixed it but could not find some grill parts,said he looked in junk yards and no part could be found.The first junk yard send some parts ,bumper,light and they were junk,he said he sent them back,even the front lights can not be bought new,the left light is from a junk yard.So it took longer to get back cause of this,when you get parts from a junk yard,you are taking a gamble.I even looked and the part is poorly made and is junk at the places you can find it so it is still on my wife's car.It is a plastic front grill piece with chrome tape on it which is wrinkled.All 2004 Lincoln ls pieces do this.The deer didn't cause this,it was this way before the deer hit it,they thought the deer did it and was going to replace it,look's just like the one in the picture.Here is a grill for sale on Ebay,just like mine...Here is a picture of my wife's Lincoln,check out the grill.This the same day as I brought it home from the shop.They did a great job fixing it.The front Lincoln tag I put on it cause the other one was not a oem part.He did put the black tag holder on that I bought.The color of the car is Cashmere.They painted cars good back then.SPN6gNU.jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
On 9/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, Thomas Perkins said:

By the way ya'll.The 720 Nissan water pump is not available.See,i did it right,lol..lol.lol.. and got a lifetime warranty Mike.https://www.partsfornissans.com/search?search_str=+21010-G3925

I'm surprised!  It really isn't available,  I was at the dealer last week and parts guy said, nope!  All gone.  Glad I bought one last year, although it was pricey, I got one as a spare.

Have a couple of old ones, not sure how to tell if OEM, but they do have cast iron impellers, so suspect they are.  

Any idea how to rebuild?

The clutch fan is pressed on and so is the pulley. Once both off, the bearing could be pressed out of the pump. I don't know if the bearing is an 'off the shelf' item.  No telling if the pulley or the clutch fan would survive being pressed back on. The FSM says that if there is a problem with clutch fan or the pump the assembly is not serviceable and must be replaced

Today,I stopped and filled up with gas.It is 2.80 for the 87 octane.Our Governor has eliminated the gas taxes for the time being.If anyone comes to visit Georgia in November,stop by the voting places and vote for him.Got to keep us red.But any way.I am still getting 18 mpg.Been getting this for 28 years.Since I put the bigger 60 amp alternator in.My electrical stuff is working right.When I filled my gas tank up.The needle went to the back white full line.It use to go about.2.5 mm in front of the white full line.The oil pressure gauge and volt meter gauge is reading higher.My stereo is working better.I have not used my A.C. cause of the high gas prices.I was wondering why my gas gauge would not go to full.Now I know.Thought it was the fuel sending unit. 

At 75, or over, AC pulls ahead of the window down. Below that the aerodynamic drag is less. If it's 95 out, having the window down doesn't cool the car as it blows in 95 degree hot air. However increased air circulation dries sweat better and draws away heat so windows down 'feels' cooler. Windows up and the car becomes a greenhouse so there's that also. I like the window down if slow enough otherwise way too noisy. I have no problem with window down and AC on. I drive a Datsun so never going to drive 75 with the window down. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/myth-buster-save-fuel-with-ac-on-or-windows-down-389831/

• Confused 1

Sammy Hagar says I can't drive 55.I roll my driver side down only.I use my a.c. when my wife rides with me but we usually take her car,so we can stop at Dairy Queen and get a strawberry milk shake and I don't have to change gears.My a.c. blows super cold.Its new.I will get probably just 14 mpg if I use it all the time.Its not loud with windows down ,Pink Floyd takes care of that.Shine on.Remember I had my 720 for 28 years and never got better gas mileage running my ac versus windows down.If I did,I would never ever roll my windows down,yall are funny.if I do t have the windows down,I can't here the girls whistling at me.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

When I got the new heating and air.Gas and everything else was affordable.The reason I paid someone for the new system was cause I could not find a heater core.Try and find a new one.I do use my air at times but not all the time.I never sweat.I only travel 12 miles to get to work,most all high way miles.My work hours are 5 am to 2 pm.I guess I have a little jew in me.Takes about 20 minutes to get to work.Our 4x4's are not good on gas as you know.I drive my wife's car to go shopping.I use her A.C. all the time.Never roll them windows down.Her car is way better on gas.Can get more groceries in her car.