Don't Take Life for Granted....

There's a great move called Sometimes a Great Notion with Paul Newman. About a logging family fighting locals to get their lumber down stream. His father Henry Fonda, has his arm ripped off and dies. They freeze it and when driving their timber down stream past the upset locals, mount it on the front of the boat giving everyone the finger.

You could freeze dry it and start a family tradition of dropping it into a beer glass and drinking it to mark the anniversary of the day.

BTW.. how you gunna signal displeasure when driving?

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/20/2022 at 2:34 PM, angliagt said:

Ended up getting the middle finger amputated yesterday.It will be for the best,as there were tendons

still showing through as the wound wouldn't heal,& they discovered that there was still an infection in the

finger.Hopefully I'll be back to work in about two months.Of course this means that I can only count to 9

on my fingers,& can only do a "High Four" with that hand.

I had the surgeon ask me if I wanted him to give me the finger - that is he asked me if I wanted

to take it home with me.I guess there's some "different" kind of people out there who are really "out there".

&

Hey Anglia

I wish you the very best in your recovery...I had a drinking buddy years ago now who broke his arm severely in a dune buggy accident and it got infected and they cut his arm off above the elbow....

He is probably 60 years old now and lives a normal life minus his arm...still not sure how he smokes a cig and drives his dump truck around town (but he does)....he carried on like nothing really happened...he is rebuilding a carburetor for me as we speak...

Keep the positive attitude and take it one day at a time...

MikeC

• Like 2