• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/31/2022 at 7:26 AM, datsunfreak said:

Although he keeps it low key, Tim doesn't fancy Chevrolet engines.  😁

I share your love-to-hate GM engines, just cause that's what everybody uses. Too many Hot Rods use 'em. Sure they're cheaper to heat up (that volume thing) but Jaysus gotta be non-conformist and break from the copy crowd. Jag motors were fantastic boat anchors so have at'er!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, EDM620 said:

I share your love-to-hate GM engines, just cause that's what everybody uses. Too many Hot Rods use 'em. 

This. When I was younger I just got so tired of seeing every pre-war car with a Chevy in it, regardless of make. Can't one of you goofballs have a Ford engine in your Ford? 

No offense to Duncan. 😁

On 9/5/2022 at 5:54 PM, datsunfreak said:

This. When I was younger I just got so tired of seeing every pre-war car with a Chevy in it, regardless of make. Can't one of you goofballs have a Ford engine in your Ford? 

No offense to Duncan. 😁

None taken.  I like Chevys AND Fords equally.  MY only beef with Fords is unilaterally goofy way they did the front of engine stuff with all different brackets, pullies, and shaft lengths. (The bellhousings are similarly confusing as I understand it, as well)   I remember Hot Rod Magazine published a 6-page (appx) spreadsheet trying to make some sort of a guide to it all.

I've owned quite a few Ford Vans and they were all great.  I would have no worries having a Ford in my Ford at all.. I have no opinions on Mopar stuff.  Other than a very clean '65 Dodge Dart 2-door with a slant six and column shifted auto, it's the only one I've ever had.  It was really a nice little cream puff that I really regretted selling..

BTW, not ONE person has looked at my motor with the Ford valve covers on it, and said anything about it being a Chevrolet motor 🙂

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Duncan said:

only beef with Fords is... The bellhousings are similarly confusing as I understand it, as well

This is a problem. Ford has many different bellhousing bolt patterns, where Chevy basically has used the same one since the 50s. Dodge used the same one for about 90% of their engines up until recently, also. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I gotta say, if I had the room, I'd like to do a Jag like that. 

There was a quirky guy that worked at Fender in Az that had an older RHD Jag sedan with a SBC in it.  He wasn't much of a mechanic and that car gave him a lot of problems, but he drove that car as a daily driver as much as he could.  

How are the electric systems on the newer ones?  I know the guys that drive their Sunbeam Tigers generally ditch the electric fuel pump in favor of the mechanical ones..

• 3 months later...

John is trying to talk me into either the Mustang 2.3 liter Ego Boost four or the 3.5 liter twin turbo V6 from an F-150... and by "talk me into" I mean he mentioned it in passing and I latched onto the idea!

• Like 1

I grew up in an all ford neighborhood, so shared hatred fo all things GM. It's in my DNA. That said, an RB26 would fit PERFECTLY under the hood, without a scoop, it will rev to 9K rpm and make 900hp, no questions asked. That is as long as your wallet holds out. 

Now that I think of it, a 3.5L eco-boost X 2 is sounding a bit more practical... But it wouldn't make as much HP. 😜

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 9:28 PM, dimlight65 said:

After further discussion, we're back to the 302.  Don't worry though, I'll change my mind a dozen more times before anything actually happens!

And I have again changed my mind.  I decided that at 57 years old, I don't need another dead project on my plate.  I've sold off this one and will be concentrating on The Chickenhawk (no, really), The Dajiban, and Danny Boy.  So, y'all can stop following this thread.  Have a day.

I feel that. I am not too far behind you and have decided that my current project is the last one I do for myself.  Not enough ROI.

Still have 2 more lined up as work, and really would like to do an EV conversion on something different.  But the clock is ticking.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dimlight65 said:

And I have again changed my mind.  I decided that at 57 years old, I don't need another dead project on my plate.  I've sold off this one and will be concentrating on The Chickenhawk (no, really), The Dajiban, and Danny Boy.  So, y'all can stop following this thread.  Have a day.

Yay!

Chickenhawk!

• Like 1