85 Nissan 720 4X4 New Distributor and Rotor.

Thomas Perkins

I got bored Thursday and checked the condition of my Distributor cap and rotor.I replaced them both in 10/2018 from Auto Zone .They came with a lifetime warranty.As you know,they will have dust on the inside from the distributor's two coil prongs rubbing on the rotor.The cap had a little burnt on the side of some of the spark plug prongs.Not bad.Since it wouldn't cost anything to replace.I drove their Thursday morning when they opened at 7:30 am and order a set and they were their when I got off at 2 pm.I noticed the distributor rubber sealing gasket is part gone and they don't sell them.But it has never been a problem like that.My Spark plugs are burning clean.I use the NGK Iridium.The reason I use them is cause I was checking out Rock Auto's site back in 2018 and they had a closeout on them for 3 bucks a piece.They seem to make my engine run better.I got both my coils from Auto Zone with lifetime warranty and they are doing good.I bought them at the same time as the Distributor cap.Also bought my NGK spark wires from Auto zone.They have the best price back then.I also have a brand new Pioneer Throttle cable that I bought from them.It is a spare.Best price is from them.That is what is connected to my Weber.Stock one wore out.The picture you see of the inside of the cap is the old one.Yes I am tinkering.It was in okay shape.The new kit came with a black rotor,the old one was gray and the two screws holding the cap down have been change to fit a smaller phillips screw driver.Even the box is smaller.Same thing happens with the company I work for.We change venders and the packaging is different.We use to have a plant in Colorado that also made printing plates like us..But if you got a shipment from them and a shipment from us.They are not the same.Even the domino on the back of the plates identifying what the product is and when made is totally different.We are a world wide company.Just like spark plugs packaging may be different.Depends on where they are made.Company's now are shutting down and we have to find new venders.

100_9836.jpg

100_9848.jpg

100_9843.jpg

100_9842.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images