Datsun 620 center link flip question?

DATSUNgeo

Anybody ever use an 11/16” Champion SA80 Car Reamer to drill/ream out the idler and pitman arms when flipping the center link? I have access to one, so before I go buy an 11/16” drill bit I thought I’d ask. I will be using the TereFlex insert method for the center link flip. Thanks guys, much appreciated!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The holes are tapered.  However, they are tapered in the wrong direction if you are flipping the link(for the purposes of a KA engine swap). The reamer is 5/16" at the tip and is designed to open and existing hole to a true 11/16", if inserted or reamed to the stop guide. The TereFlex insert will produce the inside diameter taper in the correct direction to accommodate the center link I am looking for.  The outside diameter of the TereFlex insert when modified will be at 11/16".

This 11/16" hole could be achieved with a regular 11/16" drill bit but if I'm thinking correctly this reamer will produce the same outcome without the unwanted chatter and binding that a regular drill bit tend to have. Here is a picture of the reamer.

MhO29qtl.jpg

Thanks, -Geo

• Thanks 1