1968 clutch slave cylinder.

Chief John

I just acquired a 1968 520 with a seized engine, but it came with a supposedly good spare engine.  I pulled the engine/ trans and I'm getting ready to put in the "good" engine.  I ordered a new slave cylinder but when I tried to install it I found the mounting bolt spacing was too narrow.  I don't know what transmission I have, but I strongly believe its not stock.  Does anyone know what slave cylinder might work with a about 1/2 inch wider bolt pattern.

Thanks

John, Alabama

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably just a earlier trans. I don’t know the exact year they changed (maybe around 66’) but on the 520’s there are *narrow* and *wide* bolt pattern slaves. The wide ones are hard to find and usually expensive. I know you can source the wide ones from certain Datsun Roadster vendors but hold on to your wallet. I just slotted the way more common narrow one and used fender washers to mount.

• Like 1

Up to Sept. '66 is a different part number than the Oct. '66 and on J13/L16 slaves. This later slave is also used on the 1.6 liter Roadster.

I would guess the 510 slave is the same but the fitting for the flex line is to the side where the 521 is on the end so there is more clearance with the torsion bar.