jbirds510

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Soundline said:

serious question, any hotels there that’ll let me take a Dashschund and bulldog?  Can’t leave my menagerie at home.

1/ Just say you are a Fundamentalist Mormon and traveling with your wives.

or

2/ Dress them in hijab and say "Derka derka sherpa jihad" a lot.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2022 at 1:01 AM, Soundline said:

Hoooly shiiit, see that quick draw?!?

serious question, any hotels there that’ll let me take a Dashschund and bulldog?  Can’t leave my menagerie at home.

Not in Brook but in Woodburn or Salem, yes

• Like 2

i think we stay in Salem at a best western plus 

it has a car dealership across the street and a Denny's in the same parking lot 

best western plus mill creek inn

i think they charge a pet fee but they allow pets 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I live close, and I don't think this question has been answered yet. Silvercreek Falls is about 30 miles one way (if my memory can be trusted) which could be a good fun run. Silvercreek Falls can be accessed from either the north through the town of Silverton, or the south through the town of Sublimity. Either way it is a beautiful drive through farmland, back roads, forests, and is on a paved road. There are also about a total of 24 miles of trails around all the falls and the side trails, if you like to hike. A very beautiful area, but I am biased towards the area. 

The main park is a fee area, but the rest is not. You can drive through there without going into the main park, but I would suggest going into the main park if the time allows. There are a few buildings from the CCC days of the 30's in the main park.

Don

• Like 5
On 7/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, 68Datsun510 said:

I mean if nobody has any ideas I'll get busy with google maps and try to figure out something.

The drive to get to Powerland Saturday morning is enough of a cruise for me - so would not be wanting to do anything except kick back at the show or have a nice relaxing dinner.

• Like 4
On 1/23/2023 at 11:08 AM, 620slodat said:

I live close, and I don't think this question has been answered yet. Silvercreek Falls is about 30 miles one way (if my memory can be trusted) which could be a good fun run. Silvercreek Falls can be accessed from either the north through the town of Silverton, or the south through the town of Sublimity. Either way it is a beautiful drive through farmland, back roads, forests, and is on a paved road. There are also about a total of 24 miles of trails around all the falls and the side trails, if you like to hike. A very beautiful area, but I am biased towards the area. 

The main park is a fee area, but the rest is not. You can drive through there without going into the main park, but I would suggest going into the main park if the time allows. There are a few buildings from the CCC days of the 30's in the main park.

Don

Would love a local fun run that doesnt involve cities or freeways!

On 1/24/2023 at 9:37 AM, jbirds510 said:

Everything is as planned. Wish it was summer already haha!

Good to hear. Doubt I will be in a Datsun again this year but I do plan to be there

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Powerland is close to the freeway, east of Powerland. You will have to go over the freeway to get to Silvercreek Falls, but you may not have to go on the freeway (not familiar with the roads there). Silverton is a big city of just over 11,000 in 2021. Sublimity has a population of just under 3000 in 2021. If you choose to stay on the grounds at Powerland there is enough to see there also. Whatever floats your boat I'm sure will be available. The big thing is that if whoever decides to do a fun run there is plenty of area to stay away from most big cities like Salem/Keizer. To get to Silverfalls from the south you can possibly not even know where Sublimity is, if you take the right roads.

Sunday is the only day I might be able to get there, if I don't have anything that comes up.

Don

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Camping at Powerland is better than Canby was. 

There i said it. 

7' chainlink fence to keep weirdos in and huge area so you can spread out for privacy if you wish... 

AND you could have a Costco propane firepit thing blazing at 1:30-2:00  ,, no ones going to come by and quiet you like at fairgrounds..  There is a couple old dudes in golf carts making sure the stupidity doesn't get outta hand but not like before.. 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

The guy that makes flyers for “vice grip garage” on YouTube whenever they put on a show made it. Paid him $8 haha 👍 if you want the full quality one I can send it to you via text message email I had to down scale it to make it post on ratsun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1