Field find 510 wagon

2 hours ago, Diabolic kustoms said:

Matt I don't think they used salt in ND back then and this was only on the road a few years on too of that. Tags were 74 I believe.

Yeah, I vaguely remember that.  Some states don't use salt at all. I was in norther Idaho in a blizzard ice storm a bunch of years back and I was wondering what was flinging up in the road behind us. They had thrown 3/4" gravel on the highway to cut the ice. Never seen that before.

Anyway, the wagon is super cool. Nice to find it in such great shape.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the temperature drops below 10F salts ability to melt ice is drastically reduced. Not only does it require more and more salt to de ice as it gets colder but the time also takes much longer. At some point it's more and more for less and less.

@ +30F 0ne pound of salt melts 46 pounds of ice.

@ +20F 0ne pound of salt melts 9 pounds of ice.

@ +1F 0ne pound of salt melts 4 pounds of ice.

Datsunfreak on here made some out of a yoga mat. If I remember correctly.

I think it is in his "Revival of the Chickenhawk" 1200 thread.

You're going to have a very hard time finding the correct OEM gaskets for a wagon. 

Otherwise, I would check with these guys out of australia. They seem to be the only ones reproducing a lot of the stuff

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=rotary_products_new_old_car_company&store_name=mazdaphilsrotaryproductsrubber&_dmd=2&_oac=1&_trksid=p2349624.m3561.l49496

edit: didn't read my first link carefully 😅

Edited by thisismatt
3 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Otherwise, I would check with these guys out of australia. They seem to be the only ones reproducing a lot of the stuff

Most stuff I've seen from Australia are also foam, more specifically neoprene. I ordered some from Datsport, they were also neoprene. And honestly, they work great!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, Diabolic kustoms said:

Matt you ever in Minnesota? Reason I ask is someone saw my 510 and said that it was crazy that they met a guy here named Matt from CA that had a teal 510

No, haven't been back there for a few years, and never in a 510. Last time I was there, we drove an F150 down from Duluth while it was on fire. Long story...

• 4 weeks later...