I'm back with dumb stuff

Scrapson

After grenading the L20 bottom end I was convinced to do a V8 swap and I have been working on it off and on for the last year or so I have finally gotten it done enough to drive around town but not much more cause the lack of exhaust that's coming soon but I figured I bring it to the ratsun forum finally I did a 302 small block ford (Windsor) with a Tremec 5 speed out of a mustang and a hydraulic clutch with upgraded master cylinder and a new custom one piece on my 79 long bed 620 and fuel cell since the factory one rotted out It pushes approximately 300HP to the wheels and roasts the living daylights out of them, The motor is sitting about 2.5 inches back from the factory mount holes and the shifter lined up really well to drive it till IIMG_0132.thumb.jpg.26d9ece999a16b5031aea1da6a176cf5.jpg snapped it when i took it on the road for the first time. I hope you all enjoy my ratty datsun build as much as I do. Check out my instagram for the build progress the tag is scrapson620

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/700299075

for a video of the otherworldly loud noises

Edited by Scrapson
  • Like 2
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not too terribly sure but these motors weigh in around 450 pounds fully loaded and the old L20 weighs maybe 150 loaded. Right now the torsion bars are loose so there isn't much stress on the front end but I need to raise them up so its not sitting on the bump stops in the front cause it rides like garbage it lifts the front end when you give it the go go juice.