620 antenna blanking plugs?

Valvebounce

My poor old 620 came from the factory with three holes in the A pillar for a factory antenna.

As mine was the maximum poverty spec truck, it never had a radio (didnt even come with an inside light switch on the passengers side door) the larger hole where the antenna wire would have poked through is no problem. However the tiny factory plugs which filled the two screw holes did not survive the truck being repainted. These appear to measure 2.91mm. A brief Google search on my phone didnt reveal any obvious suitable replacements. I'm hoping one of you can say HERE! I used these --------> and direct me to something that will both look the part, and keep the body weathertight.

Go!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might be the ticket!

2.91mm would have been .115 (plus a coat of paint) 

It'll need a dab of sealant to keep it waterproof. 

I might hit up a local shop which sells heaps of that kind of thing. Postage from there to here would cost hundreds of times more that two plugs.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Try generic plugs from the McMaster-Carr link above. You can get plugs in rubber, like grommets without holes in them, or you can get them in plastic, which have a very low profile.

https://www.mcmaster.com/hole-plugs/wet-location-snap-in-sealing-grommets/

https://www.mcmaster.com/hole-plugs/plastic-snap-in-panel-plugs/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, throw1932 said:

there was definitely something here at some point. not sure why they were removed, truck is original paint. nothing in my FSM about antenna plugs. I wish the FSM had a PN list. perhaps 610 and 710 are the same along with 620? I cannot imagine there was much difference, if any.

Screenshot2022091210.jpg

I'd say it fell out cause of shrinkage. My wife says that sometimes but that's another issue. lol 

• Like 2