New member/620 build.

Bas90501

What’s up everybody! This is my first Datsun ever. It’s a 75’ 620. I’m stoked to be part of the community. Looking forward to some meets in the future. I’ll be updating my build but it’ll be a slow process due to time. My main goal is to get this truck running. 

E5A99EC9-18CB-4E78-937E-11AC5135A076.jpeg

2E315077-1303-4192-A82C-7FF7EFB674E4.jpeg

23C6D0FA-E68A-4149-83D6-82F9E7C5D966.jpeg

23EC0162-E92C-4AD3-ABFD-124812047778.jpeg

Edited by Bas90501
Subject change.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shit!!! Someone who knows how to post pics!

That thing where you scratch out your license plate number, nobody cares. If they want to steal your identity from your plate number, they can just do it in person, on the road.

Great looking truck. And welcome!

• Like 2
  • Bas90501 changed the title to New member/620 build.
On 4/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Holy shit!!! Someone who knows how to post pics!

That thing where you scratch out your license plate number, nobody cares. If they want to steal your identity from your plate number, they can just do it in person, on the road.

Great looking truck. And welcome!

I thought I knew how to post. It’s easy when you create a new thread. But now I’m trying to post some pics and I’m having a hard time. I’ve uploaded to postimage.cc and copied the hot link for forums but no go. 

edit: nvm. Think I got it. 

Edited by Bas90501
Figured it out.
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Pull all the speedometer cable slack up into engine bay then push slack into cab. Easier to connect with dash loosely in place.

Thanks for the tips. Any other tips or tricks while the dash it out? 

Just now, datzenmike said:

The 3 screws near the windshield? Don't push against the glass, I did and it cracked. Like a curved dam... it's strong from outside but weak from the dash side.

My windshield is cracked already 😂. But not by me. Also, the ignition is near the shifter. Is that unusual? The column doesn’t have a place for the ignition. 

There was a time everyone wanted a push button start. Ridiculous to replace something that works with something that does the same thing with no improvement. Perhaps the ignition failed and the owner couldn't find a replacement.

22 hours ago, Bas90501 said:

Thanks for the tips. Any other tips or tricks while the dash it out? 

I like to clean the heater box and HVAC ducting before reassembly. I spray them down with Purple Power and hose it off. This gets rid of the years of sticky residue and smells.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, EDM620 said:

The column itself is very basic and the clamshell fits over the ignition. 

CIMG6626.JPG.39402696155a01e7a14d1eb231662441.JPG

My ignition was obviously not attached either.

P5080366.thumb.JPG.a585a3d402edb1cf11ca6e45181da587.JPG

Right, but the problem is that I don't have a steering column cover that has a place for the ignition cylinder. Weird I know. But, I'm kinda liking the ignition cylinder by the shifter. So...ima just go with it haha. 

This pic is a 720 column with the ignition switch mount, the 620 ignition switch will be similarly mounted. In either case the cover clamshell attaches over the column.

IMG_7882.thumb.jpg.79de72b4db342571a60a7dc8b85a6258.jpg

The only "concern" with having the switch mounted on the dash or console is security. The original mount will lock the steering plus is at least a little more secure against hotwiring, though not much. I'll make an assumption that theft may be a concern, and using some extra kill switch would help negate that.

• Like 1