Wiper Arms?

SupDoc

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

610/710 are same mount and as windshields are also similar they should work. My 710 has a small metal wing for added down force.

The trouble is that owners are too damn lazy and detach the wiper blades and attach those cheap looking plastic replacement ones and throw the original ones away. Sad. I buy generic cut to fit blades (just the rubber) and fit them myself. Used to be $4 to do both.

• Like 2

OEM are usually some obscure metric sizes.  Commonly available USA replacement may be SAE or metric depending on the actual place of manufacture.  Bottom line, your replacement arm or blade may well be the "wrong" length and hang up at the blade crossover point [if you have overlapping wig wag blades] requiring a few hours of trial and error re indexing of the wiper arm angle on the drive posts, You need to clear interference at the overlap and adjust the "park" position so it looks OK when stowed. Once done, you are set for the subsequent blade replacements,

I still have the OEM blades and arms for my 411, in case I ever want to restore it to as delivered configuration.  I also saved the original "Datsun" marked and numbered spark plug wires for the same reason.

• Like 1

I got a wiper arm from one of the forum members here, maybe yenpit - try putting an ad in the classified. I found cap nuts online at one of the Datsun sites can't remember where. I spent hundreds of hours searching for parts for this project and got parts from all over the world.

I like the look of replacement black blades since they disappear more, although I appreciate the total silver stock look too.

Here's mine with one blade adjusted and the other one in process.

IMG_0945.thumb.JPG.624ad5775a07217c0633e14a77fd3646.JPG

• Like 2
On 4/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, datzenmike said:

610/710 are same mount and as windshields are also similar they should work. My 710 has a small metal wing for added down force.

The trouble is that owners are too damn lazy and detach the wiper blades and attach those cheap looking plastic replacement ones and throw the original ones away. Sad. I buy generic cut to fit blades (just the rubber) and fit them myself. Used to be $4 to do both.

I believe I have the same style on my 510. What refills do you buy? I bought some and the flange was too wide.

3 hours ago, mojojojo78 said:

I believe I have the same style on my 510. What refills do you buy? I bought some and the flange was too wide.

If you have OEM wiper arms, the OEM wiper BLADES are available from Nissan..............at least they were a year ago!

7 hours ago, yenpit said:

If you have OEM wiper arms, the OEM wiper BLADES are available from Nissan..............at least they were a year ago!

Do you know the part number?

On 4/14/2022 at 5:30 PM, damon said:

Do you know the part number?

This is the 510 ones which I’m pretty sure is NLA. I think the S30 ones are still available. They look different. But I think they are the same length and should still work. Part number B6360-A4625. You can check to see if the dealer has some old stock 

0A19872A-9368-4802-9334-5A3E43360A77.jpeg

F5974406-9441-47C8-8863-2903080098E0.jpeg