2 brake questions

My darn brakes stopped working. looks like i might have a leak inside the RR drum. anyone know if this part is rebuildable? or what its called so i could look for another?

This is a 76 B210 by the way.

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.189684fa00de0a3834b6f6763ad7a934.jpeg

Second question; I've been looking for new brake shoes and haven' t found any that work yet. I've ordered a few and they aren't drilled in the right places, and they are shorter so they wouldn't work even if i modified them a bit. Anyone know a good place to start looking for these?

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.3ac20ea3da1a664578f0db6f8a662df1.jpeg

old shoe

IMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.c29f056439b8bbbc1adf470effb23906.jpeg

new shoe

Edited by Dirtyowlnumber4
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is called a wheel cylinder. The brake shoes could be different from a front disc brake or front drum car or just wrong.

Rockauto has images of the units installed not what you are holding, and show they have both in stock.

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.189684fa00de0a3834b6f6763ad7a934.jpeg

If leaking, where's the wetness????? Possibly leaking somewhere else. Maybe master reservoir just needs to be topped up and the brakes bled???

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.3ac20ea3da1a664578f0db6f8a662df1.jpeg

The shoe material more to one side is a leading/trailing type shoe. They have to go on in a specific position depending on direction of rotation. The new ones can go on any way that will fit.

Those old shoes are nowhere near wore out.

doesnt look like wheel cylinder is bad.

My 92toyota the dual brake cylinder the rear brake wasnt working. it seem to go far down the pedal. Didnt seem right. I bught a new master and now works fine. seems the rear portion of the master when pushed it just went passed the seals. But never leaked.

I woudl bleed  the rear just to make sure fluid come out.Later Datsun might have a valve to equelize porportion valve or soemthing